Friday, May 31, 2013

Celebrity Trolling!

If you watched Nickelodeon in the 90's you know who Amanda Bynes was. She was a cute, funny kid who appeared on that channel and later did a few movies. I remember watching her show with the kids and thinking she would go on to have a successful career as a grown up actress if she chose to do so. She seemed to have a grown up sense of humor too but, that might have been the writers. Lucille Ball isn't an influence for most ten year old's I say. I was kinda surprised when, perhaps a year ago, I read that she had retired from acting and would be focusing on fashion. Well, OK, She was 26 and maybe Hollywood had just quit calling and it was time to move on.

Lately I can't look at Yahoo without seeing about Amanda's latest exploits. She seems to have done everything but make a sex tape. That could change any moment now.

Here's a rundown of her whacktivities:

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/stars/amanda-bynes.html

Yikes, eh? It's been supposed that it's all been an elaborate stunt like I guess Joaquin Phoenix did when he got fat and weird several years ago. Performance art? Is Andy Kauffman still dead? Is bad publicity really better than no publicity?

I think there is some sort of mental illness going on here rather than an elaborate publicity stunt. I would prefer it be some stupid stunt than think this kid (well, 27 is a kid to me) is crazy. She's getting plenty of press out of this and you would think that, by now, her family would have stepped in and got her into some facility where she could get help. I don't know why they haven't. Perhaps she was one of those child stars whose parents squandered their earnings and she has no contact with them? I hope she's not that alone.

Whether a stunt or mental illness, someone please stop her before she finds Topix!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I really thought she would make it. It really is sad to see her fall.

ex-ferrer said...

Yep. It's almost as sad if it is a stunt. I doubt it is though.