Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Show & Tell

Did you know that you can show AND tell? And that your tells show? Sometimes on purpose?

A popular tell is the dyslexic spelling of "the" as "teh". There are people who can't help themselves I guess but, I suspect there are more who can and actually choose to spell it "teh" because it was a cool internet thing to do a couple of years ago. I mean- you do that and you've pwned the 'net! That's the cool way of saying owned but in a non-good typing sorta way.

Despite my own poor typing skills I think most of these tells are manufactured and bogus. Too many people craft perfectly acceptable sentences and paragraphs only to not be able to properly spell "the".

Fuck that Spelchek- it STILL looks fine to me!

I'm not sure why they do it. Maybe it's a signature of sorts? Perhaps it's a way of expressing one's individuality, like the hundreds of thousands of Brandy's with i's? (No, not Brindy...)

Posters have tendencies, for sure. Certainly I do. No one has been able to duplicate them to troll me so, they just make ignorant posts under a fake name that has no connection to me and then they get on the private messaging feature of Topic and tell people "THAT'S FERRERMAN!!!!" And that works. Stupid really is as stupid does.

I remember when I was friendly with various members of the Clique, they'd occasionally ask if I was certain people on Offbeat. There's no point in going into the array suspects but- yikes- none were flattering! I was slightly offended but more miffed than anything else that my *friends* would think that I would troll as idiotic characters. For what purpose? Really. That's a serious question.

Of course, I didn't realize that I had fallen into a den of trolls and that they had mistaken me as one of their own so. Sometimes I can be too trusting. Obviously- at the time- I knew that that Opis knucklehead was a troll. I figured that was his problem and that the others were not similarly afflicted.  Well, I was wrong about that! I write pretty well and can play a character rather easily. I just can't sustain one. I don't know why people would unless they are writing for a TV series or are J.K. Rowling.

But, again, I digress. Since so many tells might be manufactured  for nefarious purposes, why bother studying them? I should just assume that Dondo Dork laughs at the end of all her posts because she's one of those crazy nervous people in real life who chuckle after every sentence, like my old boss, 162 IQ Lou (NOT his real name). She was one who regularly inquired as to who else I might be. Of course, on the internet, denial is not only not just not a river in Egypt but, it's also an admission of guilt because, he would deny that, wouldn't he?

Casting aspersions might be the biggest tell of all.

Or so the Ferrerman would have you believe....

4 comments:

AKA Hegel said...

Yes, there are the tells that assure you someone is nothing more than an attention whore ('Look at me! I'm cool and trendy despite being a middle-aged man. See!'), but there are very really tells that, while subtle....adults of average intelligence should be able to utilize when deciding who's behind any given account.

The fact that someone asked you if you're a sock/account who's completely unlike 'you' tells me they'd only consider that because it's a behavior with which they're personally familiar. Some don't ask; they just know because of their Special Topix Powers;) For a year they've been certain you're that Frank troll because, well, that's what works for them.

And I see it's still going on... These are allegedly adults but they can't figure out who is and isn't you? They want it to be you SO badly they are't willing to admit there are those who might be exploiting their glaringly obvious obsession, but they make it so easy! You've barely posted yet they're talking about you on two forums and can't stop complaining about their trolls/stalkers. Where are these trolls/stalkers?

I only see a bunch of idiots that can't stop talking about what they claim they don't want. Their posts say otherwise. One of these people is allegedly an educated professional. I guess that's the punchline....

Anonymous said...

Mr.Ferreman, please if you can, stop the beatdowns you constantly give to certain members of Topix. Apparently, they DON'T read this blog, but it sure makes them crazy to the point that it's all they talk about. Again, they Do Not read this boring blog that only old ladies read!! One mental patient of Topix claims that he has Never read this boring blog.. But it seems he knows exactly what it says here, all without ever reading it. The fact that they try but can't post here kills them! So fun to watch them spin into a frenzy.

Dairy Queen Teen said...

To the Editor:

May I suggest a blog entry on the humanitarian efforts of alias Ju1cyl1ps and his creator?

He's from my home town of Vienna West Virginia. You may know him as the one "that doesn't take Topix seriously" I hear his employer not only allows him to waste company time texting away on Topix 24/7, but encourage his efforts for the sake of humanity and good works. He even lost his marriage to the cause of trolling middle aged women. That is, when he's not playing the gallant knight saving middle aged madams in distress. Kudos to the "Company Man" for backing such a fine fellow. Rumor has it, he even got a raise.

Perhaps there's a local TV station who might be interested in his noble efforts?

He's super duper keen and he even writes poetry!

She and I didn't always agree
I know the trouble was mostly me
I should have tried harder in that endeavor
I always though she'd last forever
Andrea if you can see this
It is you that everyone will miss
One last tear
One last embrace
One last kiss

-Kevin-


Catchy huh? Maybe he'll put a tune to it? I hear he also plays the guitar when he finds a minute to not take Topix seriously

Anonymous said...

Creeps