Thursday, May 16, 2013

Free Speech At Any Price!

"STOP POSTING TO ME!! YOU ARE PUTTING ME IN FEAR OF MY LIFE!!!!"

I recently got such an admonition from a poster. It brings to mind the NRA-inspired mantra taught in concealed carry classes where, when faced with an opportunity to shoot someone whom you don't like, make it all legal by loudly proclaiming: "YOU ARE PUTTING ME IN FEAR OF MY LIFE!!!!"  before emptying a clip into them.

Hey- better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6- am I right? High-five, patriot!!!

Magic words. It's a wonder we even bother with courts. Well, we still have to have courts to sue people for being mean on the internet, I guess.

There is no Stand Your Ground Law for the First Amendment like there (sorta) is for the Second, but some people think there should be. These days, does anyone really care about any amendments besides the 2A? Ya know, as long as we've got our guns, we don't need those other rights, right?

Well, the FIRST AMENDMENT is FIRST for a reason. It's first because it's our best and most precious right and, though it's been trifled with from time to time, (Talk v. Hand comes to mind) it's still first and best of all amendments and can't be subjugated to catch phrase status like the second can.

In the recent kerfuffle here, I had a poster demand I stop posting to him. He claimed his wife feared for her safety(???) How does that work? I've never posted to her. To my knowledge, his wife doesn't post on Topix so, I don't know how her fear factored into any of this stuff.  But, dude is a lawyer and can sue anybody he wants, for any reason, at no cost to him. He'll win, of course(!), but even if he were to lose, me and Hegel would foot the bill. (Hegel is the co-conspirator in this legal whackfest, for the record) This is all his legal meanderings from reality so, I can only speculate that the law might see it differently because I have no law degree. My bar exam consisted of a guy named Tony giving me a list of the 12 most popular drinks of the time and telling me that everything was a variation of them. I passed!

But, I digress...  I don't know if the speech of imaginary people on the internet is protected or not but, some jackleg copyright lawyer isn't going to be the one to take it before the Supreme Court. A dentist is a doctor but, that doesn't make him a brain surgeon. I'm just glad there's no open carry of firearms on the threads...I have been warned...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest to ignore the little blowhard and his so called scare tactics. It's laughable what a "lawyer" thinks he can do and win. What he is really saying is that you got the best of him and now he needs to resort to desperate measures to win back his man card. Keep doing what you do Ferr and don't mind the little people with no minds.

Barbi said...

Sublime should be reported to his state Bar for his behavior. I'm fairly certain he would be reprimanded, at the very least.
He's should be in a profession where bullies prosper. Like a repo man or a rent-a-cop. Something along those lines.

ITK Cubs Fan said...

Sounds like this guy is very insecure. I'd stay away if I were you.

ex-ferrer said...

If you were me, you'd be home by now.

ex-ferrer said...

That- what's the name- Sublime(?) person sounds awful, Barbi! I'm glad I don't know him or her!

Anonymous said...

Love how they make polls of " how boring Ferr's blog is "! Do they not realize the irony of that?! Ya'll are reading this "boring" blog, you fools. Not so boring is it? I guarantee they have it Favorited or Bookmarked! Oh, that just cracks me up. This " boring" blog doesn't bother them. No way, not in the least!

ex-ferrer said...

Like Yogi Berra said: "The Ferrerman blog is so popular, no one goes there anymore."

ex-ferrer said...

Confidential to un-indicted co-conspirator: Loud and clear!

Consumer Reports said...

The subpar lawyer's biggest enemy is his own hand. He's left personal information ALL OVER Topix. That's what his wife fears most;

A. his unending need for validation by way of outing their sex life
B. his insufferable need to express his backwards opinions.
C. his constant need to present himself as a hero; yawn

Then when his insecurities get the best of him, he brings in a Howitzer to kill a fly. Calling middle aged women gap toothed whores, sea cows, offering them 5 bucks for a blow job and advocating violence against them......all documented via screen shots. Great fun isn't it? What about those that love them? Do I hear counter suit?

I'll tell you what's really at the heart of his little 'deer's' emotional distress; that her ham fisted honey is participating in trash talk while on the clock of a certain progressive European company. I imagine that kind of 'expression' towards older women (their strongest demographic - look it up) would be deemed inappropriate for one of their own.

Don't you think?

Seriously, all that bluster over plaid? and only to discover that the woman he aimed his pissy vitriol against, turned out NOT to be her first rodeo with the 'alleged' idiot

No wonder he was so easy to set up. Vanity of vanities! All is vanity

ex-ferrer said...

WOW!

Well said, Consumer Reports!