Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I feel your pain!

I really do. It's hard for me to watch a clip show like Tosh.O where people are always wiping out or running into things. I feel it, though not painfully, through my groinal region. It's like a cringe rather than boner-inducing, I should add.

This feeling only happens in reality, caught-on-tape moments of mayhem. My mind and body seems to differentiate between stunt-fighting and Hollywood wipe outs. It knows no one is getting hurt in those. But when skateboarders hit the pavement- OUCH!

I really don't want to see people getting hurt even if it's just scrapes and bruises. I started looking at a youtube clip of 'girl fails' or something like that, and gave up after a pretty girl hit her face on a diving board and that was followed by another healthy girl in a bikini, hitting the pavement because getting towed on a skateboard alongside a vehicle didn't work out as well as she planned. She didn't seem hurt and she wanted to try it again! The driver was not up for that. He probably realized that, had she falling to her right, she's under his wheels and...

There seems to be no shortage of people willing to do stunts on camera. I'll just try not to look...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Tosh.0 is HILARIOUS! But yes, it's hard to watch. There is one show, now cancelled I hope, called Scarred which was brutal. UGH! I couldn't even watch it.

ex-ferrer said...

I never saw "Scarred" and I think I'm glad I didn't! Tosh IS hilarious but often like being drawn to a train wreck, I guess. I gird my loins when I watch.

Anonymous said...

I cant blame you! LOL