Monday, July 9, 2012

FERRERMAN RETIRES FROM TOPIX!!!!!

(Topixtown, USA) Legendary poster and famous bottom-spanker, Ferrerman, quit Topix in a dispute with it's mall security guard-like moderators, this weekend. Friday, one of the mods sobered up long enough to issue a warning to Ferrerman after he had made a post as *Gavid Dilmore*, about an hour earlier. Topix was incensed at this behavior and warned Ferrerman that he would be *IP banned* if he ever did that again! Ferrerman found this curious because in the several dozen times *Gavid Dilmore* has posted Ferrer's actual real-life name, Topix had used every motherfucking minute of the three business days *necessary* to deleting such posts... that is, when they bothered to get a round tuit at all. Topix is not at all  known for having a level playing field. However, they are well known for catering to assholes. Turns out, assholes are their business model. Who knew?

Unbeknownst to Topix, if you tell a Ferrerman he can't do something, he might not do that but, you can bet your fat, mall-security-moderating ass he will do something. In this case, something was an avatar photo change, to the one of *Gavid Dilmore*, Topix  stalker. Topix didn't appreciate that but, it wasn't until they sobered up Sunday night, that they noticed. Ferrerman had this to say about that: "Stupid fuckers..."

Likely, what Ferrerman meant by that was that Topix mods were stupid fuckers for trying to run such a bluff on him. He may also have added that "(you) don't spank the bottom-spanker!" You know how Ferrerman is! The stupid, drunken, mall-securityish mods should have realized this. Topix policy is to be "asshole friendly". It's in the Terms Of Service. If you make a thousand posts a day like a *Kevin* or a *Sam*, you can pretty much do whatever you like on Topix, just keep on inflating those numbers.

                                      ******************************

All fun and games aside, it was my call to push these fucks here, and call their bluff. I think it's been pretty obvious the last year or so that Topix best days are far, far behind them and that they do, indeed, cater to assholes like Kevin and Sam. If Facebook pays third world people $1 an hour to moderate FB, how generous could Chris Tolles be with his mods? I'm guessing these people who, by their own admission, post and play the stupid game, are paid nothing more than the perk of a free proxy to troll with and the ability to see people's IP's and pull posts when they feel like it.  Maybe that plus 50 cents an hour? They are the trolls! I think that's pretty obvious.

I don't want to contribute to that. Frankly, I hadn't been *contributing* much to the Topix coffers of late. It's all well and good that that Sam followed up absolutely every post I've made in the last few years, as Topix gets to add that shit to the post count. Me ignoring Sam does NOT add to their already inflated post count either. Think about that. An asshole like Kevin has over 100 socks, PLUS- nearly 60,000 posts under his Kevin avatar. Same with Sam. Who knows how many others like them post elsewhere on Topix? How that is considered legitimate post counts is beyond me and likely beyond the advertisers as well. I'm not saying either of these assholes- Sam and Kevin- are employees of Topix. They post so much they wouldn't have time to cash those 50 cent an hour checks. Their purpose in life is to pad the Topix post counts by annoying as many posters as possible, so that they may pad the post count too, thus, padding the Topix bank accounts.

Topix is a sewer. It fully intends to stay that way. They are content with the inmates running the asylum as evidently it pays well enough to more than cover the costs of various lawsuits against them.

I apologize for phoning this blog post in but, my heart just isn't in this. If I didn't get myself banned, I'd probably still be a *productive* citizen of Topixtown. That's nothing to be proud of. The best are hitting the bricks already. The worst are staying. Topix deserves them and they deserve Topix. You get what you pay for folks, and Topix is worth every penny.

11 comments:

Sue J said...

I'm sure your blood pressure will be grateful :)
It's not a place I've ever visited.

ex-ferrer said...

Yep, kinda unfair with the anti-Ferrerman sentiment but, it needed to happen eventually.

Mysterious man from the Shadows said...

"assholes are their business model".

There. You did it. It may have cost you your career on Topix, but you did it. You summed up everything I have felt about Topix since I first discovered it five years ago. I've long felt that sentiment, but never been able to articulate it.

Thank you.

ex-ferrer said...

My pleasure, MM.

Ya know, I was thinking, Topix will survive without me. I think they know that....

Hegel said...

Like I said to you earlier today, getting away from Topix for a while makes it easier for people to realize just how fucked up that place is. When you're posting regularly you're too close to it all. It actually seems normal!

I agree: Topix Moderation works very hard to keep that sewer extra shitty. They prefer to keep the biggest turds happy, and Kevin and Sam are ever so grateful when the Mods make them feel special. 60,000 posts. What a life!

ex-ferrer said...

The mods are there to preserve disorder...I may have mentioned that before....

Topix can't even pay minimum wage for that kind of talent. I'm curious as to what they DO get besides troll ops and maybe some meth.

Hegel said...

Here are my best guesses:

a) A real-life version of the oh-so-coveted Topix Game crown!

b) Rice-a-Roni.

c) Free gym membership. (LOL!)

d) Personal satisfaction that ranks right up there with their hall monitor days in junior high.

ex-ferrer said...

LOL! I'm gonna guess they don't use the gym membership much!

Maggie said...

It's like Hotel California. You get suckered in and you can never leave. It took a long time for me to let go even when I stopped posting. Some shrink (besides faux 770 should do a study)

Hi, Mysterious man!

Mysterious man from the Shadows said...

Hi, Thingy!

ex-ferrer said...

Thanks? Well, Diana, we haven't ever actually been friends or even posted together in years. Everything you *think* you know about me was told to you by Carla, Becky, Jane, Michael or any of the other assholes. They are the dogs you still lay down with so don't be so incredulous when you get up with fleas. You choose to believe everything these people tell you to believe. I can't help that and you choose not to, either.