Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Beers with Ferrerman

The other day another nemesis in the threads surprised me by telling another poster how much he enjoyed the jovial back-and-forth between him and I. He went on to say that he hoped one day to have some beers with me.

This surprised me to the point where I said, "What the fuck is wrong with these people?!"

That's a question I routinely ask myself and the answer is usually in their belief that it makes sense to fire teachers and lazy firefighters and not tax millionaires because these things would all be *good for the country*. So, in short, they're fucking delusional and crazy.

In the threads, I have jovial back-and-forth with other posters but they tend to be of the spankable persuasion rather than the *burn America to the ground for the insurance so we can get back to our founders roots but, this time with fully automatic weapons!* persuasion.

I can be rather deft in putting reichtards down and I prefer that to the typical reichtard style of slashing and burning while projecting sodomy fantasies upon others. I do, in my own way, taunt and provoke and I've used a few gay slurs myself but, after a few hundred cries for help from the closet by these reichtards, you see a pattern developing. I'm liberal and, in deference to gay people, I kinda cringe when I do it but, I think the gays understand that I mean them no harm. It's cliche to attack some one's sexual identity but, some of these people clearly are on the down low. I don't think Anderson Cooper was trying to fool anyone. These people are trying, I think.

But, I digress. I'm particular about whom I drink with but it's got very little to do with those who might be closet cases looking to jump out after tipping a few. That aside, my concern is that, if someone proves them self to be a disagreeable, violent asshole while sober, a few too many beers isn't going to wash that away. Mind you, yes, it could but, why take the chance? Based on my experience as a former bartender and years of partying, these types tend to get even more pugnacious when fueled by alcohol. Imagine that!

So, it's the threads and though imaginary bars are part of that imaginary world, I won't even have virtual drinks with these miscreants and actual beers are never going to happen. Still, I cringe at the thought that they might think this is an option. It just might be a glimpse into their real lives. It makes me wonder if, in lieu of medication, doctors are now prescribing laptops for bi-polar patients. Is that covered under Obamacare? If it's not that, it seems like it might be a sort of domestic abuse outreach where these guys, instead of beating the old lady and making it all better with flowers, they abuse clear-thinking liberals and then throw a party. Yikes. It's a might passive-aggressive, eh?

Disingenuous as well. The same people who seem to be auditioning for concentration camp guard jobs with their daily vitriolic  posts, not-so-secretly desire to drink beers with Ferrerman- the poster child for left-wing liberalism!!?? Might be "daddy issues". Where's a fake, internet therapist when you need one?

8 comments:

Sue J said...

My husband maintains there are only two types of people in the world - arseholes and the rest.
Maybe the person you refer to is really a liberal like yourself, but likes to stir the pot :)

ex-ferrer said...

No, there have actually been several of these offerings. I think some people might post when they're in their cups and maybe melancholy but, I can usually spot playful liberals pretty quick. There are so many on the right who are so over-the-top filled with hate and sedition that pretending to be one of them would just add redundancy to the fire. I read some of these people and think their vitriol might be worth ten liberal posters though as awful examples are often great advertising. The threads, the internet, is mostly preaching to choirs of course but, if an open-minded person did happen in, I'd rather they read my posts as well as the crazies posts and then see the difference.

Anonymous said...

Some people love arguing, I think they believe it brings you closer or something and they do want to have drinks because they think its some great friendship.( brother in law is like this) He screams at me and I want to punch him in the throat and he wants to drink with me like we are pals. Pass on the beers with those guys. lol

I have daddy issues, want to have a beer? lol

ex-ferrer said...

I think these contrarians like your BIL do have control issues. They like to tell you how *wrong* you are about something but, it's *OK* coming from them because of the beer thing. It makes it all better.... Wanting to punch them is a likely eventuality- especially after a few beers though so, I try to avoid those circumstances as it can lead to jail time.

"daddy issues", eh? Oh, you and I definitely need to discuss that over a few beers, some day!

Anonymous said...

YES! Definitely control issues. That is him including the its ok part! You would want to punch him if you were sober. Get in line . lol

I actually like daquiris better, thats fine right? :)

Mysterious man from the Shadows said...

I love to debate with people--a good old difference of opinion, complete with citing facts that support your case and attempting to debunk the ones your opponent cites; I enjoy that kind of thing.

But arguments with name-calling and ad hominem attacks--those I can do without.

ex-ferrer said...

Yep. It's a full service bar.

:)

ex-ferrer said...

MM: I pretty much ignore the posts that open with name-calling as whatever follows that is usually pretty unremarkable anyway. If perjoratives are someone's opening shot, they've already lost the war- never mind the battle. That is usually all they've got.