Sunday, March 23, 2014

Oh? So?

I didn't much care when Fred Phelps died because I didn't much care that he lived. I was amused at some of the jokes and cartoons though. The one where he's at The Pearly Gates and St. Peter introduces Phelps to his roommates, "Adam and Steve" was pretty funny! Even atheists must have thought for a moment that, by all rights, there should be a God to greet Phelps just so the hateful bastard could get his comeuppance. And Heaven or Hell too. Maybe the Hell for Phelps would have been those roommates?

The guy was just a generic, psycho hater. There are untold numbers of such obnoxious idiots all over the world and the internet. Big deal. He was famous for taking his hatred of gays to military funerals. Why? Who the fuck knows. It *worked* if his goal was just to offend pretty much everyone. It was offensive. So?

He was no worse than an internet troll. But, he got on TV. His words made no sense and were only meant to provoke. That's a troll. Believe me- I've know a few. He got on TV. He was crazy enough to put himself out there rather than hide his craziness behind a keyboard. Big deal.

He was famous for being a hateful idiot. To that I say: "Oh."

Oh, that guy? So?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

byline: Deer Whisperer/Luke

Adam and Steve in military uniforms, etc. would be very fitting for Phelps' Hell.

A Phelps' daughter, a lawyer I think, is as bat-looney as he was.

ex-ferrer said...

I think I read the whole family are lawyers. Well, it takes all kinds... The thing to remember is that half of all lawyers and doctors graduated at the bottom of their class. So, like any other profession, it's what they put into it. If one's whole law degree is pushing an anti-gay agenda, they are little better than another lawyer who may- for example- post tales of his sexploits on Topix.

don't know what carl did to offend you said...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TV6SARQL70QPUINL9/post14332

Excuse me for being off topic, but this person and her whole inbred crew are scum.

ex-ferrer said...

That bunch is very slow. Hegel was banned months ago. I suspect they drink heavily and have memory loss.