Friday, December 30, 2011

Flattery will get you nowhere.

A new friend advised me that Topix had finally gotten around to improving their search engine so that folks could find threads easier. I had given up on using it to find threads I had almost forgotten about because, in the past, you had to to spell (or misspell) a thread's title EXACTLY like the bonehead who started the thread wrote. Sheesh- what were they doing being so anal? I mean, with google all you have to do is get close to the neighborhood and they'll get you where you want to be as if they knew what you were going for before you did. Whereas google searches for information all over the universe, the Topix search engine only has it's own Topix self to search and it couldn't even get that right. It's like walking into the Scotch Tape store, asking for some Scotch tape and being told they couldn't find any but, could you check your spelling please?

So, I googled- typed in- "Ferrerman" and was quickly rewarded with 21 threads about Ferrerman! Some, I hadn't even known about. Many had zero comments on them. They weren't very popular considering I'm rather popular in my un-popularity. I kinda though there would be closer to one hundred. Sheesh- what's a Ferrer got to do to get disrespect around here? A Ferrerman can't live on bad icons alone.

Except for two that I started myself just to be a Ferrerman, all the others were started by the troll generally known as "Sam".

I hesitate to refer to Sam as "my troll" partly because he really belongs to so many posters but mostly because I don't care to have ownership of the idiot. Some posters are flattered to have trolls of their own. I am not. I just don't see anything special about having what amounts to a stalker on the internet. Do you think John Lennon died with a smile on his face knowing that someone was obsessed enough with him to kill him? I doubt it made him feel special.

I might joke that I wish I had a better class of enemy but, the reality is that if I did those persons wouldn't be enemies. I'm a target because of my liberal politics. There is no one on the internet who is an "R" or a "T" whom I envy or even respect. Certainly none I fear. Some are just less annoying than ohers.

Well, OK, it's very likely that statements like that don't win me friends amongst the allegedly conservative crowd. But, my point is, I would not want these types as my friends. Dedicated non-readers know this. I've written a bit about this....

So, I'm not impressed that someone devotes so much time to me. I'm high-profile in the small world of Topix and if I weren't hated for my politics, I'd be hated for something else, like other posters are. Ya know, there's probably even some people who take issue with my pro-spanking of women's bottoms stance. I KNOW! How could they?

Oh well, it's nice that someone cares, right? It's the thought that counts.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Two posts in one day! Wowie. My dumb computer is crashing when I attempt to go to Topixtown, but I do remember how hard it was to look for a thread.

Man, two posts in one day. Neato.

ex-ferrer said...

I gotta make that year end quota or I don't get the bonus.

Roo said...

Haven't been on Topix in forever. Last time I stopped by it happened to be right after someone went off on my past relationship, and I hadn't even posted in months prior to that. Honestly, I'm so much more productive at work now that I'm off Topix...now if only I can fix my Twitter habit...

Oh, and I'm pro-spanking, if we're talking about adults. Even more pro-hair pulling, but I think I'll save that for my next blog post. I think I'll call it, "Foreplay isn't an evil word"...or something like that. Regardless, it'll be a good post. Probably do it tomorrow. Ok, that's all. Bye! =)

ex-ferrer said...

ROO! It's been too long! I looked at your blog last week but didn't see anything fresh. I figured you were busy at work. I'll check in again to get some tips on foreplay for sure! Even a Ferrerman can never know everything.

You haven't missed anything on Topix, especially with the regs. The people I wrote about are on Offbeat. The dregs just barely go through the motions these days.

ex-ferrer said...

Oh and, i've got your back on that pro-spanking stance!