Saturday, December 3, 2011

Conflict of Interest or interesting conflict?

Yesterday, I learned that my most menacing and persistent troll (sorry, Angelique- you are slipping in the polls) is a homosexual.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

It is a bit of a quandry for me though because, though I am a liberal who believes in freedom and equal rights  for all, I'm also a dude who likes to make fun of homos. No hatred or bashing here. Just jokes. I'm not always politically correct and reserve the right not to be. You can still have fun without denying people equal rights and/or bashing them in the head.

Maybe that's disingenuous and that's why it's a quandry.

*Sam* has an anonymizer/proxy server that allows him to post un-registered all over the country. He takes his many personas on the road, day and night. The thing is the tone is always the same; angry, *conservative* and bitchy. Why a poster can't do that as one persona is beyond me.

But, some people have a secret side to them that they can't always share, even on an anonymous public forum. If you're a tough guy, gun-loving, liberal-killing-wannabe and a teabagger, you don't want your conservative cohorts knowing that you do that other teabagging thing on the down low. They are against gay people. They might kick you out! They certainly won't show at your wedding.

I caught him making posts from Pennsylvania that were very much pro-gay and decidedly anti-Christian. That's not what cinched it though. It was his usual teapublican nastiness from the same locations  elsewhere on the threads that tipped me off.  What are the odds that some podunk town in Pennsylvania suddenly gets slammed with pro-gay posts and anti-Obama posts, that sound like the same person wrote them? And, in both cases, that person also posted (same made up name) from Philadelphia, just like Sam's usual posts from all over Ohio, Florida, etc. I don't know the ins and outs of proxies but, evidently they bounce around. I've heard cell phone posting is like that too. People use them to hide and maybe keep from getting caught.

So, the dude who considers himself to be my arch-nemesis, who's perpetually promising to have me banned and run off the threads FOR EVER, is a cocksucker. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

No, what's wrong is that he rails so against the people who would (and do) stand up for his rights while he supports a party that would love to strip him of all his rights. That's a lot of denial. Very sad for him. Odd politics indeed.

I knew there was a good reason to not like that homo!

No comments: