Monday, November 7, 2011

The Mods are not here to create disorder....

....they are here TO PRESERVE disorder! DUH!

Very few of my friends and family know that I ever posted  on Topix. It's one of those things, like masturbation, that you know everyone is capable of doing but, you just know you shouldn't talk about it in polite company. So, like whacking off, I'm not proud of it no matter how good I am at doing it.

Boy, I sure showed some talent! On the Topix I'm sure I mean. I was high-profile, controversial and humorous as well as poignant, and often all at once. I was nowhere near being the best poster ever but, I did make the Hall Of Fame. I certainly pissed a lot of lesser posters off in the process. That was fun! Honestly, I made it look easy.

I think Topix was pleased. Until recently, I never even got a warning. I kept my posts reasonably clean even when Topix abandoned all decorum and let people post vulgarities. Fuck those motherfuckers! There's a time and place for such crap. Why do they cheapen it? The cocksuckers....

It's a business. Topix is the Foxnews of message boards. Fox knows what sells and so does Topix. If, for example, democrats and republicans are not getting along, it's in Fox's interest to exploit that. That kinda stuff get's people watching. People watching translates into advertising dollars. Making money, is what it's all about. If you're the least bit republican, you have to worship that.

Topix is a lot of things but, for the most part, it's a sewer. Topix likes to keep it that way because enough people like it that way that it is profiable. There are some who seem to be content to post salutations all day to other posters but, 90% of it is people fighting. And it is fighting that keeps people coming back....for the most part....it's a mixed bag.

I see a lot of regular posters NOT posting, if that makes sense. Some people are so sick of the fighting that they have pretty much given up posting like I have. Some are far more sensitive than I. It's definitely annoying that every post I make is iconned and trashed five or six times (usually by one asshole under a couple of names) but, that's life on Topix. Topix counts on that, thrives on that and expects that. People un-related to my posts hate that but, Topix doesn't care about that because, well, they'll post anyway AND the fuckhead will post 5-6 responses to my posts, running up a tab with the advertisers.

That's not my beef, as ignorant as that is. My beef with Topix is, no matter how much I and my friends complain about a specific cocksucker posting my real name, Topix chooses to NOT do anything about it.

I can only conclude that Topix wants people to know my name because they are doing nothing to stop it. Thus, the mods are there to PRESERVE disorder. Disorder is good for business.

To be fair to Topix, they know that banning some asshole's avatar means they have to take two minutes out of their life to open a new e-mail account and re-apply for a new avatar with Topix. So, with that as part of the equation, why should they care? When you're in charge of slapping the wrists and the slapping of the wrists does nothing, why bother? To actually ban someone, as other forums do, could cost revenue. Your average, whiney Ferrerman will just have to lump it if he doesn't like it and post more!

Either that or fuck Topix by not posting anymore.

You get what you pay for and Topix is free. And worth every penny!

3 comments:

Hegel said...

Those Mods don't give a shit what happens there. In fact, they're probably creating most of the drama by posing as shit-stirrers.

My question is this: When deciding on a character, why would they choose to be someone so explicitly stupid and unappealing as the dipshit you're referring to in your current post? That guy is the human equivalent of dog shit that won't scrape off your shoe. I guess it would explain a lot, though.....

Hey. you're the best poster I know! Believe it! Those Mods aren't paid to be brilliant. Good thing....

Maggie said...

LOL. I'm not sure what pisses me off more, the angry morons who just like to instigate stuff, or the "Welcomes" "Good Mornings" I don't see you." Bullshit, yeah, worth every penny.

Hee-hee. Don't give up.

P.S. Your friend Hegel is terrifically witty. I've been reading a few of her comments left for the "doctor." Brilliant.

Hegel said...

I couldn't figure out which doctor you were talking about..... I thought it was some kind of code. LOL

Of course you mean the fake therapist. What's her name again.....Chiapet? Chardog?

:)

Thanks!