Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Last Great Poster

Topix got old a longer time ago than I care to admit. My biggest fan- as seen in the previous post- is indicative of how ugly it's gotten lately. That sorry bastard spends his days and nights creating new avatars and unregistered nicknames to troll myself and a few others. It's supposed to be political rivalry but he barely goes through the motions of politics anymore. I'm not sure he ever really did. Politically I think the guy is more of a neo-Nazi than anything. I recall when his posts were somewhat political he thinly disguised his hatred of black people with a pretty blatant hatred for black presidents. THAT is half of Topix. There's a part of me that would like to see Herman Cain get elected president because guys like my biggest fan/stalker would fucking explode with hatred!

Well, that's not gonna happen but, as a Ferrerman, you know I fucking love irony.

Topix, now more than ever, is the Wild West of trolling. As long as the post counts remain high and the advertising money rolls in, they don't mind people swearing, for example. Three years ago when I started posting, LOL showed up as *** because it was considered offensive, as if one were laughing at another poster rather that with them. Now, you can post: "That's FUCKING hilarious dude!" and no one seems to care.

A lot of people. noticing what people are getting away with are also noticing who is getting away with what. Some people think some posters are employed by Topix to provoke others in the threads to promote more posts. Why not? I think it's lame but you'd do that too if your business relied on a volume of posts to receive advertising revenue. I'm fairly confident that the Republican party employs a few folks- perhaps on Topix but, certainly elsewhere on the 'net- to put their propaganda out there under the guise of it being 'real people' posting their 'real thoughts'. Again- why not? I'm sure they don't pay too well.

One reason might be, too many people are out there giving it away!

Damn sluts!

That's the case with biggest fan/stalker. That guy's the fat girl at the bar giving it away. The pro's are working a somewhat better part of town, I would imagine.

No, my boy is just full of hate and what he lacks in talent, he makes up for in having a lot of time to post. Topix needs him as if he were an employee though. Aside from single-handedly puffing up the post count for them, his posts provoke more posts from several other posters. This asshole may make 300-400 posts each day, registered and not. That's close to 3,000 a week and there are thousands of posters like him. I don't know what Topix' deal with the advertisers is but, I bet they're making a few dollars....

But, not from me. I'm sick of their not doing anything about my complaints. The asshole regularly posts videos that happen to have my real life name on  them along with links to this blog. Myself and friends write Topix asking them to remove the posts and to ban the cocksucker's avatar but, they do neither. Honestly, from their perspective, why bother? They know full well that the guy will just do it again. More than likely the fuckhead got my name from someone whom I was friends with on Facebook. I should have known better.... The legendary Dean Davis was banned more times than he can count and he just kept coming bac moments later with new ID's. This prick is not the (cough) talent that Dean was but, it takes 2 minutes to sign up for a Topix account even though it's one per email, last I knew.  They probably changed that when they realized it was kinda detrimental to business. Like legalizing pot, while it wouldn't ruin crime, would kinda fuck up the prison rolls leaving too much room for yucky gang-bangers. Who wants that? Not the guards or the corporations that own the prisons..

I can't change Topix. People try. Ginny surely does and those silly Topix Keeper kids- I guess that's what they're all about. Maybe? Hey, if Topix can't see fit to curtail the cussing and keep people from posting people's personal information, then they don't need my business. They're not willing to act on these issues because they don't care and the reality is, that's not their problem. I'm the one who cares about this, not them. I get that part. I also get that Topix is a business. It's my choice whether I choose to patronize them just as it's their choice to refuse (or not) service to anyone. In technical terms, if I don't like it, I can lump it.

All in all, it was a good experience. I met people whom I otherwise would not have had the pleasure of knowing. They know who they are. I fought alongside some brilliant AND FUNNY liberals against some of the most despicable republican assholes EVER. We whupped 'em all and had fun doing it.

Now the fun's over. The inmates are running the asylum. These are someone's 'good ol' days' on Topix now. That is very sad. I now leave Topix to the assholes who made it what it is today.

1 comment:

Hegel said...

Hey, we've always thought that Topix was a refuge for the criminally insane and your basic anti-social neighborhood asshole.

Little did we know we'd come across someone like Sam who scores a 10 in both categories!

What's with the his woman friend? I mean....how desperate can a person be to latch onto someone like HIM? We have to pray she doesn't have children.