Friday, November 11, 2011

It'll come to me....

Sure I felt sorry for Rick Perry. You don't have to be a doddering, old fool of a Texas governor to have a *senior moment*  and fail to complete a thought. How many of us did that as seniors in highschool or college, speaking in front of the class? And even our illegal immigrants must have....senor momentos.... pues- perdoneme, no recuerdo la palabra....

It happens to pretty much everyone, at some point in their lives. It doesn't define Rick Perry but, let's face it;  he's pretty much toast now as a contender for the republican nomination. As one Ferrerman put it this morning at breakfast: "You can put a, uh, er- this thing right here in my hands- uh- fuck, I'm eating eggs with it! Uhhhh... whatever- .Perry's done!"

See? It even happens to Ferrerman!

So, it's very forgivable. The man may not look it but, he's human.

What I find fault with is the spin-doctors in his party who will spin this to display his human side by regurgitating the *57 states* vomit they spun about Obama. There are people out there who *believe* and want you to believe that the president of the United States, believes that there are 57 of those states in his country. Of course, he does not. I've heard the recording. You'd have to be mentally homeless to CERTAIN he meant 57 states. More than likely he meant 57 stops.  I believe that, in context, the words were uttered while he was campaigning for the presidency. States, stops, whatever. There were 57 of 'em.  I'd bet my life that Obama didn't think there were 57 states in the union then. Would you bet your life now that he does now?  The same goes for the spinners who scoff at victims of Herman Cain's roaming hands coming forward now. Do you also doubt the Penn State children?  Do you think they are "piling on", "seeking money", "lame-stream media assassins" out to get Paterno?

So, yes, Perry had my empathy at those moments. I've actually seen him in a better light as he's campaigned than when I first heard about him and he was making noise about seceding from the Union. I've lived more than a third of my life in the South and that talk bemuses me except when it comes from the higher-ups whom I believe should know better. Whatever he did say regarding secession did not result in any firing on Fort Sumter so, water under the bridge. Personally, he is too Bush-like to me to have had a serious chance anyway. We're just three years removed from the eight year stench of GW Bush and no one wants that again. Nice man but, he's not gonna be president, gaffes or no.

FORK!!!! You can put a FORK in him because he's done!

That's what I meant to say!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Maybe not done, yet. People like to see the human side and he can laugh at himself. That's nice, but hardly makings for a good President. The right doesn't really have much to choose from though, do they?

ex-ferrer said...

No, they don't. They're stuck with Romney! Even Jon Stewart said so last night.