Saturday, May 31, 2014

Kicked out of Rehab!

In other news, I also got banned from the Nicole Curtis, Rehab Addict, Facebook site. Dedicated non-readers may recall that the gopher on her show took umbrage with this This Old Ferrerman and a few others who were critical of her Huck Finn-like attitude towards painting the houses she rehabs. Free help is usually worth every penny you paid for it. I don't know about the others but, This Old Ferrerman got a series of Private Messages from her gopher, Leaf Garrett (not his real, stupid name!) The kid, you may recall had called out detractors by challenging them to show up at the job site to fight. That's what he said! If you've seen the show, he passed out on a hot day on one show and brought her gas when she ran out on another. Other than those duties, I guess he threatens people on her Facebook page.

It was on her page that I noticed that she apologized for some screw ups on the page with her emails or whatever and I simply asked if she had put "...that Leaf Garrett kid in charge of it?" Next thing I know, I'm poster non grata on her page! Well. I get that a lot....

Frankly, I didn't really care. I enjoy the show and I'd spank the daylights out of her bottom but, her Facebook page is fucking horrible. Never minding that it's a fan page that tolerates very little dissent, I think it's also geared towards illiterate, deaf, dumb, blind people. They absolutely love Nicole Curtis but, they have no concept of what she does and where she does it. Maybe 95% of the posts are people telling her how much they love her (which is nice and, honestly, I don't get that here, myself) but also imploring her to come fix their house, which is not what she does. She works primarily in Minneapolis, Minnesota fixing up houses or her native Detroit. Single mom, yada yada, doing houses in iffy neighborhoods, on the cheap. She 's pretty clear about this. She not Mike Holmes or any of the DIY guys and gals who hang out at Lowes ambushing people who need new kitchens, baths or backyards. That's every other show on DIY and HGTV.

The comments section of any site can be a mixed bag. You should see the ones I don't publish here. Yikes! But, earlier this week i was looking at the This Old House site and I was quite taken by a photo of a seen-better-days Queen Anne in Warren, Ohio that was being offered FREE to a good (i.e. rich and skilled) homeowner. TOH often posts interesting properties all around the country like that. Some are those tease ones where the house costs $1 BUT....you've got to move it. I hate those. Move a house? Why? What is so special about that square footage of land that you must build something else- right there? I'm guess someone needs a McMansion and that Victorian is in the way but, they're not animals. Well, unless no one bites on the Dollar Menu that is, then that bitch is coming down.

Well, I don't think it was planned but, Nicole Curtis fans spammed the shit out of the TOH page with better than one hundred posts pledging love and devotion  to Nicole and all basically saying: "This looks like a job for Nicole Curtis!!!" It looked like a troll infestation like when gun nuts gather on a liberal site to combat logic and human sensibilities with Thomas Jefferson quotes taken waaaay out of context. One person saying that it looked like a job for Nicole Curtis and getting a couple hundred likes makes Facebook sense. But, Facebook reality is 200+ people all saying the same goddamned thing. Two hundred some people, all well-meaning but, totally unclear of where Warren, Ohio is in relation to Minneapolis. A few million fans also linked the Queen Anne on her site.

It was kinda ironic really. You know who does travel the country fixing up old houses? No, not Nicole Curtis. Try again.... Yes! The guys at This Old House! NORM! Kevin. Tommy. Richard. Roger.

Not very spankable but, very capable. They do pretty good work themselves and they don't leave the painting to the kindness of strangers. Or, threaten people....


4 comments:

Maggie said...

I think I've seen her show. I noticed she really doesn't do the work. She exposes her boobs and men arrive to help.

LOL. Ferrerman, you naughty boy.

*I can't read your stupid captcha!

ex-ferrer said...

She can do more than that Leaf Garret! But, not much more, mostly staining it seems and installing subway tile. It irks me that she has "painting parties" like young couples might do with their first place but she does to make a profit.

I hate captcha too but it eliminates the spam!

Anonymous said...

She s easy on the eyes. And makes the show fun to watch , all I wanna see is her exposed boobs anyways

Unknown said...

Maybe if she took some of her millions and get some new TaTas then her ratings would go up