Thursday, May 29, 2014

In this episode, We Win Topix!

As long as Hegel and I have been driving around in our custom van, solving Topix mysteries, we've known that we've been going up against Topix moderators, much of the time. We've been beating them senseless under any sock or graybox they threw at us. I'm not bragging. Topix mods are not college educated scholars who, given a choice between a career in medicine or moderating a message board wisely chose the latter for the obvious contribution to society. Rather, I think they tend to be rather trollish in nature and sociopathetic. <~~See what I did there? I really do rock!

But, I digress. Several months ago, one of the mods unceremoniously snagged Hegel's Topix profile. She is a woman who has never violated the Terms Of Service of anything in her life. The Topix TOS now essentially is a challenge of sorts. It reads something like: "Try and be nice." Maybe that's a suggestion? The reality, as they habitchually (see what I did there?) point out, is that they can pull your profile for any reason- ANY reason- they want, without explanation. That's what one did with Hegel. It was probably done out of jealousy and maybe to get at me. Regardless, it was weak and cowardly. The offending mod refused to give an explanation as to why. Now that is really putting the P in USSY. I know you saw what I did there.

For some reason I still have my profile. I rarely use it. I took down my profile pic, I think last June. Some trolls delight in believing my profile was banned but they are stupid and too lazy to google. I did try my profile the other day and, despite being active, I can't post with it. Nor can I post gray. I was just getting used to my posts getting pulled for no reason when I realized that, for the umpteenth time, my posts were getting pulled out of the starting gate. It's like I'm banned without being banned. Ya know they don't do that to just anybody. Like Reggie Jackson said: "Fans don't boo nobodies."

Hegel and I very good posters. Two different styles but we both can totally dominate anybody out there. Her very presence caused a misogynist like Sublime to leave the Chicago Forum. Know what she did? She just showed up and posted in a calm, rational manner. That fucking pussy ran crying from the forum! I told you that we have two different styles. I'm not necessarily that harsh when I post but, I reserve the right to be. Sublime has a lot of anger in him, often directed towards women. He wants guys to get e-tough with him. That's his element, or so he thinks. But, he cannot handle a woman being smarter and more controlled than him. That's when he loses it.

We have complained to Topix, knowing that the person we are complaining to is probably one of the trolls we are complaining about. It would seem to be futile (especially since nothing gets done) but, should one day things come push to shove, we have a boatload of complaints that have gone unanswered that someone at Topis is going to have to answer for. Maybe not but, they are there if we need them. With few exceptions in life, you can always go over someone's head. The more they rather you didn't, the more you should.

Isn't that kinda unfair? Trolling people AND being the one who heads the complaint department too? It's really kinda obscene. I've compared it to the old westerns where the outlaws run the town. The mods protect their friends too. My enemies always seemed to know which posts were mine and which were done by one of them with a proxy. Pretty clearly, friendly mods provide that service. Currently, the mod known as "Susan" is trolling the shit out of Sublime and a couple of her other friends. We can see that. I'm pretty sure they aren't in on it and they have no idea that, like a horror movie, the calls are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE! Mod Susan has been doing that for years. Maybe s/he's convinced the bosses that such trolling is good for business. I don't think they care.

The reality of Topix is that, Topix doesn't give a shit about Offbeat (now Weird) the Main or the Chicago Forum. They make their money off of the other several thousand forums all over the world. Topix doesn't think Topix will be a better place for all once Ferrerman and Hegel are gone. Topix doesn't  know who we are. They probably don't care that we're bitch-slapping their useless mods. Seriously, if they cared, would they put these dipsticks in charge?

Hegel and I accept the surrender of the troll mods and their henchpersons. We wish you had been more worthy but, you couldn't hang. That's a shame.We would have beaten you even if you had been good, though.

6 comments:

Hegel said...

The funniest part about me getting banned is that I've never, in my entire Topix career, received a warning for anything. Not one. That told me this was personal but I couldn't be sure, then something happened that proved I was right. I'm not sure this is always the case but although my account was banned I can still see my profile, and a few weeks after the fact it was awarded a Kudos badge. Isn't that sweet? Now what kind of moderator who's meant to be professional, non-biased and courteous would do that? Probably a jealous, disgruntled one who's very, very unhappy with it's life;)

So yes, for all of those people wondering if the mods are posting and are the trolls doing the most shit-stirring... you betcha! We've got many more examples. Once we started looking it wasn't hard to see the patterns and figure it out.

(Sorry I upset you little troll-mod, but remember, you're supposed to stay emotionally detached. Oops! Troll fail.)

Actually, they're supposed to be professionals who have the mental capacity to work without bias but Topix gets what they pay for, and they don't pay much. We found that out fairly easily, too.

State AGs (that's Attorneys General, not ArtGals) are very interested in Topix so it's good to keep track of any interaction you have with a mod. They're representatives of Topix LLC. I'm guessing their correspondence, like posts and PMs, is archived, but if they're trolling I doubt they're saving the evidence. Screenshot anything a mod ever says to you along with any report you file.

I didn't post for six months and as you know I'm not posting much at all these days, but I obviously didn't please someone. When it happened I was barely saying anything, so the grudge is something the poor thing has been holding onto for a while now. Was it because we exposed Susan/A770 as the mega-troll she is? Maybe. She wasn't happy that people found out she was miraculously able to get dozens of account names changed to hide her trolling ways. Or it could have been when we exposed ArtGal and the fact she's able to get anything said about her in Latrobe removed immediately. Lie your ass off to nice people, fake your death, get banned and the "mod" is right there to protect you. Posts removed in under ten minutes! Right, Andrea? Think about that one... Imagine if it came out that someone who did that sort of thing worked for Topix. It wouldn't really surprise anyone, would it? Once you start connecting the dots, the cesspool and the turds who work/swirl for it become a little less murky. It's as bad as you think it is.

One of these days PerseLea and Subime (et al) will figure out they're being trolled by their own. (Do we have to explain to them how that works and how they've been set up? Really????) Or maybe not. They could be that stupid.

You'll probably lose your profile after this BRILLIANT post, Ferrerman. It truly is the REAL badge of honor when you think of the idiots that made the decision and just couldn't take it anymore. Won't that be the last fucking laugh? LOLOLOL

Hegel said...

UPDATE!!!

Since writing my comment here the Kudos badge has been replaced by a "Game Over" badge. LOL!
I didn't play the game. Wow...you showed me, important Topix moderator!

:)

Does anyone need more proof? By the way, nice IP, Troll-Mod;)

ex-ferrer said...

It was a long time before I got a warning. It probably didn't even happen when they were using actual moderators. A friend emailed today wondering why Topix would single me out for writing about Topix here. Well, Topix likely has no knowledge of me, this blog or my opinions of Topix. Topix didn't ban me or you at all. A certain low-life, cowardly mod did it. Frustrated at getting beat by us, it threw up its hands and banned us- the only thing it could do. That is surrender.

Lemme say this though:

Then I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be ever'where—wherever you look. Wherever they's a fight so good people can post, I'll be there. Wherever they's a mod beatin' up a guy, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'—I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready. An' when our folk post the stuff they believe an' live in the threads they build—why, I'll be there

he who can't be named said...

Try spoofing the mac address on your pc to your router, that has worked in the past for me.

Upgrades in equipment have worked in the past, but it was coincidental I wouldn't spend money to get on topix.

If your profile is still up but posts don't show you are indeed banned. But you can sign on to old acct to get access to polls page, if one cared to play that game.

What I find odd is that topix employees choose to ally themselves with such awful folks. They let kevin get away with shit for years and his by product, lea is still there bragging about her banning power.

odd

ex-ferrer said...

I hear ya on not spending money to post on Topix. Proxies and the like are for trolls and troll mods.

Again, I don't think Topix knows what's going on. IDK that they care. It must be very hard finding good help paying next to nothing for doing next to nothing so they settle for angry monkeys sitting at keyboards who, after six years FINALLY figure out they lost to Ferrerman and Hegel a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

I so very rarely comment on Topix today I don't miss all the conflicts either There are many more important things in my life than the opinions of certain ne'er-do-wells on Topix. There are only a handful of threads that I an still following. Yes, it does look like Enzo doesn't have many opportunities to respond to you, Geno, HH or me. He must be getting desperate for opportunities to create his childish mayhem because we so rarely participate on Topix anymore.