Monday, August 24, 2009

The War Against Introverts

A couple of seasons ago, FOXNEWS brought us the War On Christmas. The brilliant minds there got together and decided that, since some stores opted to wish "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons's Greetings" to customers instead of "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Birthday Jesus", Democrats hated Xmas.

Now we have Barak Obama's "War To Turn America Into Communist Russia Or China And Kill All Of Us That He Doesn't Just Enslave In FEMA 'Camps'". Or, what is also called, his "First Term".

Now we also have "Ferrerman's War Against Introverts".

None of these wars were or are actual wars like the world has come to know wars in the past couple of thousand years. Each are political and/or media driven slights of hand to deflect the public's attention from what is actually going on in the world and what the powers behind these wars actually want to accomplish. FOXNEWS seems to think that they will help America by working to destroy- at all costs- the presidency of Barak Obama. They are doing this for the good of America, to protect America and to make the White House safe again for Republican Presidents. Good luck with that you patriots you. Nothing says "I LOVE MY COUNTRY!" like those who want to destroy it for it's own good. Why, it's what the founders had in mind...

But, enough about the rise and fall of the Obama empire. Whatever happens with that, happens and America will go on. Unless FOX get's nuclear weapons...

There is no war against introverts. You might have heard that elsewhere. Ferrerman is not at war against introverts. Never has been, never will be. Ferrerman IS at war with ninnies and some dregs and some of these people do claim to be introverts but, unless you're a ninnie or a dreg, this should not cause you alarm. If you are shy or quiet, Ferrerman does not wish to mock or scorn you. Truth be told, Ferrerman is somewhat shy and quiet himself. Ferrerman has been mocked and scorned for being quiet himself and didn't care for that. Loud obnoxious people have generally been the one's to do this. Ferrerman does not enjoy the company of these types of people and chooses to avoid them.

Kinda sounds like Ferrerman is an introvert, doesn't it? No. Won't go that far. Can't go that far. I don't care for labels and I am, by nature, not a joiner. I can't blindly buy into any philosphy or join a fraternity or sorority that would demand that I do. I can't go along with the crowd. Nearly a year ago I was asked to join the "regulars", those that regularly post in the Amy/Abby threads and, at the time, in other threads they called their own. They liked my writing and my irreverent wit. I was new to the internet and Topix and I wondered how you could "join" a group on a public forum where anyone was free to post. I just didn't get that. I and thousands of others could post or not post as we chose. I was told I would receive protection from trolls. If trolls attacked, regs would come to defend me.

What? I can handle that by myself. I can either fight back or ignore and move on to another thread. It's the internet, not the streets of Chicago's west side. A gun forum or a stupid birther thread is nothing I can't handle myself. Truth be told, i've rarely had a "troll" follow me around. Recently one of the dregs has been trolling me but, that's different. It's not "trolling" when they do it. So I've been told...

I've come to realize that the "protection" that they offer is protection from them. They are no different from any gang in any city in the country in that they offer family where their might be none and protection whether it is necessary or not. The mean streets of reality can be rough. Kids join gangs that beat on them with the understanding that those beatings stop once they join and future beatings by others will be answered for,,,by the gang. You're either with us or against us because it's "us" against "them".

I'm the "them" here. I've seen dozens of posts in multiple threads where people- especially those who might be "introverts"- have been warned to fear me. Me personally as the who I am in real life and me as the "ex-ferrer" the "Ferrerman" and any of my known and unknown "troll names". People have even been told to fear those who WERE NOT me but had similar ISP's or irreverent wit. Ferrerman, Master of Disguise that he must be, could be anyone, anywhere at anytime. BE AFRAID! Especially be afraid if you are an INTROVERT. He eats innies for breakfast! Then he snacks on innnies while pondering what innies to have for dinner!

I am not against introverts. I have no magical internet powers. The ninnies do and one of them has used her magical power to troll my name and even a replica avatar to incite anti-ferrer sentiment among the great un-washed. She spent a weekend trolling my name and a few others to wage a war against her and the introverts. I didn't even have to show up. But, I did. At least long enough to show that it wasn't me posting under all those names. Watching terri that day was like watching "Fight Club". Very strange. Her friends all knew she was doing this. They approved. It wasn't Ferrer fighting with her but it "could" have been...

Folks, if you are shy and quiet and don't like loud parties- I hear ya. If you like imaginary bubble tea parties on the internet, I think you're silly. I respect your right to be silly though. I cannot and will not reach through the intertubes, rip off your head and poop down your neck for this. I am not your enemy. There is no war. I am not the boogieman.

BOO!

See? I'm not scary. I just want to be left alone.

You'd think that introverts would understand that...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resistance is futile,
You will be introverted.

ex-ferrer said...

Nope. When they put the pods in my garden, I pitchfork 'em.

Anonymous said...

They love you.
They want you.
Why can't you see that?
Strangest group of introverts, I've ever heard of.
I'm thinking a name change is in order.
You cannot tame a shrew.

EEE said...

Still no apology for the "Larry" post, I see.

Pathetic.

Anonymous said...

I think the only way to prove there is no war is to stop participating in it.

You defend yourself once to put out your side. After that you shut up unless someone asks you a direct question, and then you answer only as applies to you, and the question they are asking about.

Some people might wonder where the war is if it never makes it off Topix. HINT HINT.

ex-ferrer said...

My "Larry post" was about a bartender I worked with years ago. It did not concern you. Re-read it. It's pretty good.

ex-ferrer said...

Thanks, Anon. Wherever you've been all my life, please stay there. I'll continue to get by without you.

EEE said...

You are deliberately mis-understanding. You know exactly what I mean and acting dumb just adds insult to injury.

You know what you did.

Roo said...

I'm not trying to incite a riot or anything, but I'm genuinely curious as to why everyone can't just let this go. What's done is done; it is what it is. I think everyone knows that we are not all going to be best friends.

A part of me is considering writing one of my many required research papers on this little issue... hmmmm, how can I turn drama on Topix into a sociological/criminal issue?

I just don't like drama, which is odd because I used to live for it, but it's gotten old.

ex-ferrer said...

Roo, this is only interesting to me because it happened to me. I fully recognize how inane and silly it is. Your primary concern in life is the good and bad that happens to you. Same here. I'm trying to make sense out of this foolishness just like I try to make sense out of people who call themselves "patriots" and who so badly want to see Obama and this country fail. It's a daunting task. Also, I'm just having fun.

Roo said...

Ok - point taken. I was just curious.

Anonymous said...

yes, the war. These ninnies spend countless hours chatting with their "friends" and pretend to fend off trolls. It's really like a group of junior high girls..only fatter with more wrinkles. It's a car crash, and yes, I cannot avert my eyes. Shame on me.

Kamilla said...

Viewing audience of non-readers wants a new blog post. ...how 'bout one on Public Option for healthcare reform? Or the idiocy of Glenn Beck?

Kamilla

ex-ferrer said...

Alert non-readers will notice that health care was covered in "The People Have Spoken". Please pay attention!

Kamilla said...

Hey! You can't just go swapping out old posts with new posts. THAT's not the way it works! New posts go at the top - older posts go below. How am I s'posed to know there's new material lurking in the turf that is reserved for *OLD* posts?

Um ok. Health insurance covered. How 'bout the idiocy of Glenn Beck then?