Friday, August 14, 2009

Ninnies Revisited

A few weeks back I self-censored one of my blogs about introverts. In deference to a young lady who is a former member of the introverts, I deleted it. She is a truly introverted person and was kinda hurt, thinking that I had taken a shot at her and any quiet types like her. I hadn't of course as I have no problem with people being shy or quiet. I actually prefer them to their opposites who are loud and obnoxious. And neither do I have a problem with people who are regular posters on Topix. When I speak disparagingly of 'ninnies' and 'dregs', I do NOT mean introverted people or regulars. Let's make no more mistakes about that.

I personally do not post much in Topix these days. Frankly, since the change, not too many people do. Since the Tribune dropped out there are no fresh news stories to comment on (no Cubs and Sox stuff for example) and this has taken a lot of fuel out of the fire of the forums. It's pretty lame. I'm not even sure if a lot of regular posters know how to access what is now the Chicago Forum. I like to think that some simply found better things to do.

One other change that I noticed is that boys are now allowed to post with the ninnies now. Though boys could always also be introverts, until recently boys could not post in the introverts quorum, the thread that the ninnies called "home". You can thank Dr. Rodney Luther King for this new found right. That, would be, me.

It was nothing really special on my part. I hadn't set out to do it. But, mine and other 'boys' posting on the girl's private thread is what had brought about the flame war in the first place, a couple months back. Ya'll know the drill there. The 'lackey' screamed foul and I screamed back. It was the usual Topix vitriol and it was silly, stupid and pointless and it would have died out real quick except for one thing.

The complete lie about the picture of my penis. That kinda changed everything.

Why did she do that? Why lie about a real person like that?

For the same reason you lie about WMD's. If you want to go to war, you have to rally the support of the people who will be fighting that war for you. You have to give them an evil, despicable, crazy enemy who must be vanquished. That's how it's been done throughout history. To maintain control over people, those people have to be united against a common enemy. Cheney and Bush knew this. So did the head cheerleader. Or maybe she was just being mean.

I guess that I was supposed to leave Topix forever at the first flare up. It could be argued that a smart guy would have done just that. I recalled my first father-in-law often telling me that the best way to argue with a woman was with your hat. Put it on your head and leave. I understand that but, except for when it rains or I'm painting over head, I don't wear hats. Plus, I kinda got this 'fuck with me- i'll fuck with you' way of dealing with life. She wasn't someone who could fire me. I would quit when it suited me.

After I wrote the initial ninnie blog, one of them protested that I had mentioned an aspect of her life and she took umbrage with this. She wondered aloud for several days how I (or anyone) could find her life so interesting as to mention it in a blog. It didn't bother her but, she spoke of it for several days though, it didn't bother her. I should mention that it didn't bother her...

It didn't bother me that it didn't bother her. The blog wasn't about her. Some of the ninnies and some dregs think that the sun rises and sets on them, BECAUSE of them. What bothered me was the hypocrisy of someone who regularly read stories about people on the net written by the head cheerleader (and others) getting upset that something vaguely about 'her' was written on the net. They ALL got upset about this. They are ALL hypocrits. If you giggle because the cheerleader takes quotes from various Topix threads and uses them to portray others in a bad light, then giggle along with this. If you have a problem with this, explain to me how I should not have free speech but any ninnie should. Explain to me also, how any non-innie or reg is fair game to be made fun of but, if I call a liar a liar, I'm somehow a 'troll' and 'obsessed' and a 'stalker' for doing so. Evidently Jack Nicholson was right. You can't handle the truth.

But, alas, this will fall on many deaf ears. An irrational dreg told me recently that nobody reads my blog. The cheerleader told him so. Gotta like a man who thinks for himself.

Topix has changed. The ninnie thread too. Not just are boys now welcome (as long as they take a test to judge how introverted they are) non-introverted women are welcome as well. The girls don't (so far) have to take a test. They had to let some rather bawdy broads in lately along with the boys cause several true introverts had left the club. Membership was down. As long as the new girls and boys behave themselves, nobody will claim to have received photo's of their genitalia. There are I think just three things ninnies are forbidden to discuss:

(1) Sex
(2) Politics
(3) Anything interesting

So now, thanks to Dr. Rodney Luther King (ME!) anyone with a pulse who sometimes likes to be alone, from Florida to Minnesota and New York to California, can be a ninnie. Well, anyone but a ferrerman that is. You have to have some degree of exclusivity. I can live with that.

Besides, only the really cool ninnies get to go offshore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, you gotta see the movie 'In The Loop.' Your blogs will be elevated to new levels of sheer creative invective.