Friday, August 21, 2009

Anonymous

I've gotten a lot of comments lately in this venue about a few of my recent blogs. I use comment moderation for a variety of reasons. It's convenient and it gives me control over what is, well, MY blog. Plus it pisses off people like the girl who INSISTS that I publish her taunts even though half of those (there were six) included my actual name and the name of a friend of mine. As if these people cannot create enough trouble on their own, they DEMAND that I help them.

I don't mind criticism even if it's not constructive. Certain people are not going to like what I write regardless of what I write. That's life.

I see it as incongruous though that some people would like to condemn my censoring of their comments yet they opt to make these comments anonymously. I think these people are pussies for doing this. Although, having said that, a couple may not be gifted in the comment leaving process and actually not know how to sign in. I understand that. And, true, some people might choose to remain anonymous on this forum because they fear retribution from my enemies one of which went so far as to post on multiple threads that anyone posting on those Topix threads without an avatar was subject to hijacking of their screen name. Well, she warned them... And me too. My name was hijacked by a ninnie and my avatar was also hijacked by that same ninnie and, yes, they can do that again. In fact, on a new, young bloggers blog I noticed that (likely the same ninnie) posted to the young lady as "ex-ferrer". The kid took the bait. Welcome to the blog world, kid. Those are your friends. But, you already knew that...

Now, I read that blog and looked at others because I'm as vain as the next guy. Wait. Check that. Is the next guy that irrational fella? I could never be that vain. I could never write about doing my girl, in a public forum. I'd have more respect for her than that. Well, that's just me. And, I thought I might read interesting things about me. I did not.

Anyway, I noticed that some of these blogs were 'invitation only'. I have to suspect that some of my anonymous commenters also have these invitation only blogs. Hmmm. I'm called "cowardly" for not blindly allowing comments to my blog by people who post comments anonymously and may or may not have blogs of their own that are invitation only. Pot, meet silver chalice. Glass house, meet rock.

No one is expected to 'sign' their Christian name to these blogs. Screen names would suffice. There is a difference between those who choose to praise ferrerman but don't wish to incur the wrath of ninnies and dregs and those that are pussies. I understand and will protect the anonymity of those innocent people. I already have. Turns out, it's necessary.

9 comments:

Roo said...

Really? That kinda makes me sad.

Ok, started writing, and it's getting pretty long, so I'm gonna just blog it. Feel free to read if ya want.

ex-ferrer said...

You did good, Roo. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Good post.

K

Ex-P said...

What K said.

Ex-P

Kamilla said...

So - these anonymous people who demand you post all comments - are they the same people who have their own blogs - but their blogs only allow comments if you're willing to use your google or AIM signin?

Nice double-standard there.

ex-ferrer said...

Affirmative. Do as we say, not as we do...

Kamilla said...

Interesting.

Seems there's got to be a good word to describe a person with double standards like that.

Chickenshit perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Most of these ninnies are mentally weak. They pat each other on the backs for lame responses. They also claim to hate trolls, but invite criticism by posting every detail of their lives. I think they are pathetic and it's sad they get so worked up about Topix. Pretty empty lives....

EEE said...

Lying again, fer?

I have never left an anonymous comment on your blog.

I have no trouble owning my own comments.