Monday, August 10, 2009

TOO FUNNY!

Regular non-readers of this blog (of which there are millions) know that I've recently had issues with some of the people who refer to themselves as the 'innies' in the Topix world. These innies (or ninnies as I refer to them) are the select sub-group of the 'regulars' (dregs) who post day and night on Topix. (Note: though a lot of people are regular posters, not all posters are regulars. It's pretty much that simple)

Topix recently- for whatever reason- dropped it's association with the Chicago Tribune. It was probably money. Isn't everything about money? This threw a lot of people's lives into chaos. Where would they find Amy and Abby!? How would they get through the workday without Topix!? People tried posting on the new Trib forum and didn't like it. Topix put all the threads that had been on Trib Topix in the past onto a forum called The Chicago Forum. It's all the same to me. Near as I can figure, Topix is it's own entity and the trib was just a sponser. Topix is world-wide. There are forums for small towns in the US. It can be acessed in freaking Viet Nam and India. It's the INTERNET kids- the WORLD WIDE WEB. It's bigger than all of us.

Or is it? The dreg who portrays herself/himself as a psychologist, 'found' several threads from the past and posted them everywhere she could so that others could re-live or experience past whacky hi-jinks. What fun! Another dreg, one who is quite irrational in his ways, saw these revived threads not as a happy wind-fall but as a offering from Topics, a 'thank you' for not just making Topix what it is today but for BEING Topix...

I'm paraphrasing because I don't know how to link or cut and paste but, in his eyes, Topix was targetting them with these revived threads because they brought a good sized following to Topix- that people sought them out on Topix...

My God! This side of Donald Trump have you ever seen such self-importance? Usually someone has to be face down in a mirror of Peruvian marching powder to have such ego.

I suggested that he/they try not posting for a day. Topix would either shut down or beg them to come back. Maybe even pay ! Call me cruel but I like to feed an ego 'till it explodes. But, this is the same guy who chastized a young regular for taking up too much of the dregs time with her young drama- valuable time that he and the dregs could otherwise be spending helping others (!). Then I think they discussed threesomes and, well, he's an expert at that...

Of course, the irrational dude is serious. If I made people like this up, you wouldn't believe me?

Many of the regulars (and even some of the dregs) ARE kind and helpfull people. Some are funny and insightfull. The problems discussed each day in Amy and Abby are problems that millions of people experience and want to talk about. Anybody can glean some valuable info from these threads.

But, only an irrational dreg can believe that they ARE Topix. He may not always drink beer, but when he does, i'm sure he drinks Dos Equis.

I will close now. I'm off to peruse an Obama thread. There's about a hundred of them. Hey, do you suppose he knows that? Do you suppose he cares?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

??????? You're kidding, right?

Kamilla

Anonymous said...

Only a self-important blog author would censor comments.

Not a Reg.

ex-ferrer said...

Anonymous- very interesting point.

I think.

What are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

?? Well that's odd. If comments are yanked, there's usually a placeholder to indicate "yanked comment." ...I'm not seeing any such placeholders.

Perhaps your nonreaders are smoking the wacky weed in between forays to the birther threads?

ex-ferrer said...

Well, this IS the complaint Dept. But, people should leave actual complaints. Otherwise, what to do?

Anonymous said...

Laugh. What? Is this about me?
I always think it's about me.
I foray into the birther section.
I don't hide.
I am what I am.
Show your self.
Thingy

Roo said...

Hey! I got a mention on your blog! I feel so special now. :-)

It was somewhat humorous how people flipped because the trib changed things.

ex-ferrer said...

Hey! Why, whatever do you mean by a "mention" (wink wink)? Yes, I'm sure it was a money move by the Trib but, I don't think it was a good one. Topix is still more accessible than the new Trib thing but, I don't see what they'll do for new topics without the Trib feed. But, as long as there is Amy/Abby, what more does anyone need? Good to see you, Roo!