Monday, December 29, 2014

America- Let's Step Outside!

Dedicated non-readers might recall that I ran afoul of one of Nicole Curtis's lackeys, some time ago, and he challenged me to show up on the job site and he'd give me what for. What for? I (and a few others) had taken exception to her tact of using volunteers to paint the projects on her TV show, "The Rehab Addict". (See: "Kicked Out Of Rehab" elsewhere in these pages) I didn't get e-tough with the kid, he started in on me. I got a kick out of it because it was just about the last thing I expected. Some people just can't take criticism.

Turns out Nicole Curtis is one of them. Over Xmas there was some mishap with T-shirts from her show that she was selling and a lot of people were angry that they hadn't received their shirts. I looked at her site and saw that she said she had to kick 100+ people out of Rehab, I guess because they had been mean or rude in their complaints. Well, OK. But, at the end of her mini-rant she stated that "(and anyone else) feel free to set an appt. and personally tell my dedicated crew off face to face rather than on this page". Yikes!

Personally, I'd like to take her over my knee and give her a moderate to severe spanking for her petulant behavior but, we all know that would just encourage more of such behavior. And, Minneapolis is too far a drive for spanking or fighting. Not to mention, this call to arms (the limb kind) wasn't directed at me, this time. I can look at the page but, I'm poster non grata as far as commenting. It's the finest page this Ferrerman has been kicked of to this minute.

Maybe it's the holidays but I saw that Brandon Marshall of the Bears challenged Carmen De Falco  of ESPN radio to fight because Carmen had brought up a fight challenge Brandon had made to a fan on Twitter. I think it was a smartass Packer fan, but aren't they all? Marshall apologized by the end of the interview. He's a nice enough guy but seems to have anger issues.

The internet is full of such conflicts though. It's kind of a natural really given that people are relatively anonymous and may have thousands of miles between them. Or, be sitting at the same Starbucks sipping a halfacafadoublefoofylatte. I don't know what they serve there as I like my coffee "Halle Berry"- hot, strong and black. And, I make it myself. Faaaaar cheaper.

On Topix it's a fairly regular occurrence for posters to challenge each other. Most recently, an idiot who I'll call "Stringy Cheese" challenged someone who uses too many names to meet at a Portillos hotdog stand to fight. The interesting thing about that title fight was that Stringy Cheese was probably both the challenger and the challenged. The dude is definitely challenged. Quite likely too was that the other opponent was someone from his own troll gang, trolling him for sport. Regardless, there was never going to be fisticuffs between imaginary people.

I doubt anyone will answer the Rehab challenge either. T-shirts aren't really worth brawling for, now are they? This stuff is amusing because it's so silly and because of the impersonal venue that is the internet. People still act like it's a bar on Saturday night though, making dates and promises that they will never meet. Hopefully they don't act this way in real life. Something tells me most don't and I hope so because face to face often leads to fist to face. I like to think that cute, little blonde rehabbers are really as nice as they seem on TV, but have their bad days too.

2 comments:

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ex-ferrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.