Thursday, January 16, 2014

Meme ME!

I saw a meme on Facebook that had a picture of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman  and maybe Ted Cruz(?) and the caption said: "Let's Stop Making Stupid People Famous". Yes, let's.

It got me to think though that my experience on Topix has been the opposite. Stupid people have made me famous! How 'bout that?

Really, if not for a very small but obsessive base of fanatic stalkers, I'm just a very good poster whom some people enjoy, some others don't like and many would just shine on by because "...there that Ferrerman goes again about politics and/or spanking women's bottoms..or both...." Just a profile in the crowd. Instead I have people who wait on my every post  and those of my compatriots to adorn those posts with negative, "clueless", "nuts" and "spam" icons. Of course, it's more than passive/aggressive icons though. Private Messages abound where Ferrerman is doing this or that and being this poster or that poster or whatever nonsense goes on behind the scenes in the all-important world of those that are anti-Ferrerman, in thought, word, deed and sentiment.

I guess I could thank them for making me Topix-famous, but it really doesn't matter. I go on as I would without them.

They go on as they do because of me.

And so it goes...

15 comments:

Hegel said...

It's always so satisfying to see that immediate visual reaction to anything we post. Knowing that someone is so dedicated to us that they're rightthere as we post on any forum, well....it does a heart icon good:)

ex-ferrer said...

Brilliant
Agree
Heart!!!

DazzleDat said...

What amazes me is the speed at which these judge its pop up. It's like someone is sitting at their desk at their comfy government job just waiting. Their fingers just tapping away. I can picture said person thinking "I'll show them with this meanie face, clueless and spam. I do NOT read the blog!!!!! I am young and beautiful! There is no mole"

ex-ferrer said...

They do happen fast! Someone is VERY good at their job. If that is their job, that is. Talk about a dead-ender!

Sue J said...

You'll be on the front of Time magazine next! :)

Topix@wikileaks said...

Sue - we can only hope. Ferrerman is the voice of reason in an unreasonable world

ex-ferrer said...

ROSE!

Topix@wikileaks said...

Rose?

Hey, it's Emma! lol

ex-ferrer said...

I stand corrected!

Barbi said...

That can't be Emma! There's no tuna sandwich with her!

ex-ferrer said...

Now that you mention it....

Topix@wikileaks said...

actually today I had a cheeseburger :)

Anonymous said...

byline: Deer Whisperer/Luke

I think there are assignments for icon-giving towards various posters. Surely there is cross-over from Topix to Offbeat and back; or, I suppose there might be a relay team that hands off the icon-giving baton

I had a blue (that's how it was spelled on posterboard) cheeseburger today at a local diner. I shall not eat one of those there again. It's where a "bannana" cream pie is part of the dessert fare (another posterboard).

I was aiming for chili, but stuff happens. If I find myself at the local diner tomorrow, I'm DAMN sure Ima have chili, with a high temp of 8F.
--------------------------------------

I've GOT to post here. The Captcha challenge is very readable without a roll-over.

I am not a robot.

ex-ferrer said...

You know what they say in Mexico, Luke:

Chili today, hot tamale.

Now I'm hungry!

Anonymous said...

byline: Deer Whisperer/Luke

Allow me some elaboration. When I write "I am not a robot" I'm only dipping into the wit-well for an alternative way to write "I had a cheeseburger today".

I poked at the diner where I frequent, but the food is generally fine for the breakfast food (any time), sandwiches, ham'n'bean soup/cornbread, and good chili (to me) available everyday. One of the sandwiches offered is their "Ruben".

There's another local restaurant where I eat almost as frequently. There the menus is dominated by pizza, pasta, salads, bread sticks, appetizer sides, etc., but daily specials may include chili, potato soup, "Rueben" sandwiches, Italian beef sandwiches, and "Ceaser" salads with grilled chicken.

The owners and the help are hard-working, friendly and gracious, and strive to get the food and orders right.

And at the end of the day, that's the way it is in the smallville where I live.