Saturday, June 1, 2013

Eight

Speaking of do-nothing, Topix moderators....

Hegel was telling me last night that, after filing several complaints about objectionable posts about myself and Barbi, a mod emailed her demanding to know why- if Barbi and I hadn't complained, how could the posts be objectionable?

I guess the prerequisite for modhood is flunking out of Philosophy 101.

"If an objectionable post falls in the thread but, a Ferrerman is not there to observe it, is it a violation of the terms of service?"

Those mods are so fucking deep! I should wear waders!

She explained to the mod whom, despite the anonymity of a number instead of a name, refused to even identify itself by that number, that in my long history of complaining about the 100+ times that my real life name has been published on Topix, the mods have either done nothing or taken every minute of three business days to delete the posts in question. And, I might add, not a fucking thing to sanction the poster.

So, I'd complain but, who'd listen?

The mods are like fat, Southern sheriffs who work for the local klan. They'll do some 'vestigatin' riche soon, boy so, doan chu wary 'bout it- ya heah?!

There is nothing in the much modified Topix TOS about a specific person- and ONLY that specific person- being the only specific person to complain about specific posts directed at specific persons. The Topix TOS it seems, instead  of being written by a team of lawyers whose bosses worship them, seem to have been written by kindergarten teacher, Miss Elizabeth. In a nutshell:

"Try and be nice to each other. Just try..." 

So, with not much law to enforce, the fat southern sheriffs get fatter and philosophical and wonder why anyone would want them to do their job when it's so vague to begin with. The nerve! I've seen posts get pulled in minutes. None of them at my behest but, they were sometimes made by me. If you run with a gang, you can get lots of posts pulled by gang- complaining. The clique does that 24 and 7. The fat sheriff's don't seem to care who amongst them doth protest too much. I'm sensing a pattern.

I guess it's maybe nothing personal- just business. The Cliquers post constantly and schmooze the fat, sheriff mods. Hegel doesn't post any more and I don't post much at all. Really, none of my friends do. We're just not contributing to the Topix coffers like some people do. We're a bunch of squeaky wheels unwilling to grease the sheriffs as we should. (Ferrerman note: The metaphors work a bit differently in Topixtown. Don't try these stunts in school, kids!)  I get the business aspect. The fat, sheriff mods recognize that the usual suspects are trying to get Ferrerman and company to post with this obscene and troubling posts. Unless they are highly regarded attorneys, these miscreants are unpaid employees (interns?) trying to drum up business.

I don't know...seems kinda perseonal to me... Not really sure who is running the Topix show but, seems like they might be one of the inmates. Or Eight...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the mods let Perse and Kkoward use Figgy's sock together but tell when others have shared a sock. Like for instance, now on 8's thread Kkoward is using Figgy's sock. Ask me how I know, as they so like to say. The mods are basically posters that's all. Some of them get a wee bit too attached to other posters. I feel sorry for those that betray other posters, just to do the dirty work of certain idiots. Alas, looks as though the gravy train has stopped for certain posters. Funny to watch them suck ass to get back in their good graces!!!

I Take Topix VERY Seriously said...

I concur! Mods shouldn't show bias towards their companies users, but it doesn't surprise me that they might.

I recall one mod standing in full support of one of the biggest weasels on Topix. He actually believed this guitar picker was having a laudable effect on society at large. Of course this turned out to be a sham as the picker stuck his nose up one "desperate damsel's ass" to many. Then of course his undercover work playing tootsies with the pedophiles. That's one sick little fuck that Topix finally got around to neutering.

While were on the subject, have you ever noticed that this inch worm of a man, so much in love with his own image, never shows himself in a full length photo - or smiling?

Short? bad teeth? Might explain the Napoleon complex. Being lazy and a smoker might explain the teeth. Nothing can explain all the pillow shots.

The good news is that this change in Topix favoritism has allowed one of us to enjoy a bit of communication with one of the mods. You could say we share a similar age group. Part of a sisterhood that holds the distinction of being the first of "a certain age" to be the constant target of agism via the net. Report report report. Poof poof poof

Anonymous said...

Speaking of that Middle aged phone book ad artist, it seems like he hasn't learned his lesson of not fighting or gray boxing. He seems to be at it full force. But he doesn't take it seriously he assures us hourly. I used to think it was funny when he would " accidentally" post a pic of him and then say "oops" wrong pic. He was hoping all the ladies would be all a flutter over him. Didnt work, except for that one desperate 51 year old. She's getting her just desserts now from Nat. Pretty funny watching her get so mad she can't spell and then blames it on that pesky voice to text! What comes around goes around!

Alan S. Shole said...

Hiya Ferrerman!
Looks like you've achieved that grandiose position of being Topix Famous.
Of course, only a few 'becial kids covet that high place in their Topix life.

As I'm sure you're aware, Topix pretty much removed the TOS. All it does is protect them, not the posters. When PI is posted about the Kevatards' opponents, it sits there for hours and when it's posted about a Kevatard, it's gone in 60 seconds.

All other post removals and account bannings are up to the discretion of whichever moderator happens to be "moderating" during that particular shift AND subject to correction my mod 8.

As long as we play with that goal in mind, we can get away with anything there, if you're grey ;)

Anyway, Ferr, now that I'm here and got my own account set up, I'll reply so no one wonders if it's by Natasfonos. This is my first comment on your blog, by the way.

Your Friend, Alan S. Shole AKA Natasfonos

Anonymous said...

Looks like Top Mod 8's POS thread was taken down.
It's about time.

Keep up the good work, Ferrerman.

ex-ferrer said...

Chris Tolles reads the blog...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he does. But guess who doesn't read your blog? That 51 year old heifer Perseface! Everyday she states she does not in any way read this boring ass old people's blog. She then makes comments of what was said here as though, get this, she reads the blog!!! She is hilarious that one! What's really funny is watching her try to guess who I am! She has NO clue!! Then we got that girl Kesla/Kevina who is right back in the mix fighting with the ladies. Does he not see what a little bitch he is? He's worse than any female having PMS. He craves fighting so bad he can't help himself. So much fun watching those two losers.

Anonymous said...

Gtarman and Persephone are so disliked they've literally driven people away from the main forum.
Most of the arguing and trolling can be traced back to something that they've instigated.
They've become so petty and hateful just the sight of their names is a downer.
They need to go.


ex-ferrer said...

They have been big carp in an ever-shrinking cess pool for too long. IDK if the Main was ever a 'good' forum but, it's ruined now. Their last ditch effort to 'save' it by bringing other miscreants over from Offbeat didn't help!

Barbi said...

We should give the moderator credit for axing Persephone's sock, "Baby Legs."
I see that as foreshadowing? When her main account is banned, maybe things will turn around.

Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious how she takes her avatar pictures! Ugly old lady clothes on that she thinks looks sexy! She makes sure the pic is angled so it won't show any part of her ugly mug or odd shaped body. Yet, she has the nerve to make fun of other people's looks and body and age. Hey Perse, why so scared to show a full face shot? Has your 51 years of life not been good to your face. You're nobody important that you can't show it. It just comes down to that you're just as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside.

Anonymous said...

Kevin is "Emma." That's why the annoying little homosexual gets away with the bullshit he pulls. If you study timelines, grammar, syntax, which posts get pulled, etc., it will become readily obvious. We all know how he likes to create "socks" and that they're usually female (no surprises there, right?). That, and a serious methamphetamine habit, are the motivations for him to still be posting at 3:00 a.m. and back at it at 6:00. "Emma" is just another one of his effeminate fantasy socks; he is, indeed, Top Mod 8. (Must pay minimum wage, if at all.) He and the drunken skank mommy figure keep it a closely guarded secret.

By the way, great blog Ferrerman. I'm an avid reader. It's a hit!

Anonymous said...

Sup? I just got back from somewhere awesome that has cool temps and the water is so cold! Brrrr! I can't tell you where I am because "those" people will find out where I am. Yup, had a great time, just me and my kayak. I'll send you the video as soon as I can Ferr, ok? See ya later Dude!

Anonymous said...

If people posted to me--and hated me--the way they hate kevin and leanne, I would have left topix a long time ago.
Why do they stay?

ex-ferrer said...

They are either attention whores or dedicated employees. Maybe both?