Monday, October 22, 2012

Give me some good news, baby!

I like to crush on news chicks. The local news stations, MSNBC, CNN and even Fox knows this and they parade a constant supply of women to tempt and, perhaps, taunt Ferrerman. I've always been this way. When on the road, I surf the channels in the new town to check out the 'farm system for the majors'.

I'm bi-partisan in my news chick choices. I shouldn't have to be but, such is cable news these days. A newswoman is not just judged for her journalism skills and her spankability but, her political leanings as well. See Megyn Kelly and S E Cupp. They are both unabashed republicans. MSNBC has several women every bit as beautiful as those two.

The MSNBC women are more attractive to me though because, beyond their obvious good looks, I admire their intelligence and political views. To be blunt: after Ferrerman would rock their world in the bedroom (or perhaps over there on the couch?) I could discuss, say, the homeless dilemma with Krystal Ball or Erin McPike and they would offer smart, viable solutions. S E or Megyn might just say: "Fuck 'em. Make me a sammich. Bitch". Talk about blunt!

Sarah Elizabeth Cupp has very obvious redheaded spectuality that I find quite appealing but, like Megyn, I don't find her views attractive. We'd fight a lot. That kinda conflict makes good fodder on situation comedies but it tends to make divorce lawyers busy in real life. Neither is necessarily insane like Sean Hannity insane but, unless they're just democrat actresses filling a niche on their respective networks, it's doubtful there is an 'us'in our future. That's pretty much all that keeps us from happening. That's all I can think of, at least.

Now, closer to home and- admittedly- reality, I would scratch a woman off my dance card of life if I knew we were polar opposites politically. That doesn't mean I'd hate her or refuse to know her but, no commitment. You have to be on the same page and being in the same book helps a lot too. I guess some people can do it. You hear about happy couples who are of different religions. Their secret, aside from tolerance and respect, might be that they never- EVER- discuss religion. I'n not religious but respect another's right to be so as long as they don't try to kill me or make their religion the national religion of my country. And maybe democrats and republicans can lie down together but, I bet they don't talk much either. They probably grunt a lot. Ugh.

OK. I'm in no danger of romancing any news pundits regardless of their spankability or their views. You're probably not either so, it's a tie. But, ya know,  as I watch Anna Marie Cox on MSNBC, i'm thinking that she probably talks to smart, funny men all day long. Maybe a smart, funny Ferrerman would be the last thing she needs after a hard day of punditing. She probably would rather relax with a good book and a better glass of wine. I guess I'll never know..but, I don't blame her. .

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Who's that couple who are married and he's a nut, although he's our nut? Mary Matalyn??? and....

Hmm. I'm jealous. I must stalk these women,now.

ex-ferrer said...

James Carville! I love it when they do him on SNL!

Now, thingy, it's not "stalking". It's just a little crush....