Friday, February 18, 2011

I Was Just Joking!

Alleged journalist, Nir Rosen, has caught flack for joking that actual journalist, Lara Logan, was *just trying to out-do Anderson Cooper" when she was brutally sexually assaulted in Cairo this week. Another alleged journalist, Debbie Schussler, agreed with him. Both consider Logan a *war-monger*. I don't think that's on her resume or her job description at CBS News.

Rosen at least, claims he was *joking* with friends on his Twitter thingy when he made his comments and he apologized and seemed heartfeltingly disingenuous in doing so. It was the ol': "I was just JOKING! Can't YOU take a joke???!! Sheesh.....SOME PEOPLE.....

One of the dregs, a middle-aged, childless woman- Angela- regularly trots out her favorite joke about child rapist/murderers. In it, a child rapist murderer is walking his victim into the woods. The child says s/he is "scared". The killer responds: "You're scared? I'm the one who has to walk out of here all by myself!"

Well, fuck me. I failed to see the humor in this the first twenty times she told this joke. Two thousand tellings later, I still won't.

I don't get Nir Rosen's humor either. You could say, *well, he's a man and men are crude....*
So, how then do you explain Debbie or an Angela? Aren't women supposed to be genteel and compassionate about issues of rape, especially when they concern women and children- the two groups most preyed upon in society by rape? Are these women ahead of the curve of other women? Or are they men, trapped in the bodies of women? Women have diseased minds too, I guess. Perhaps some always did. Can't blame it on the feminist movement but, evidently there IS equality when it comes to perverted *humor*.

It's just that, isn't it just a little more grotesque when it comes from the ovary bearing gender?

Words DO hit harder than fists sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela? What makes you think she's a woman?

Elmer

ex-ferrer said...

I've seen her picture. I don't wanna do any further investigation. That goes for you, too.