Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thanks, Huckabee!

I went into town to get a fishing license. No can do, said the clerk. She's a vegan and you know- "anything with a face"...

We've all got to suck it up because Mike Huckabee championed the cause of that Christian woman in Kentucky and forgot to push it as a strictly CHRISTIAN right. If Kim Davis wins and he wins, so does every religion. Well, Christianity wouldn't actually win, the way they keep score. When the other religions win too, they lose. 

Anyway, my buddies that hunt lost out too. So did the guys looking to get gun permits from Brother Ezakiah, the Quaker who clerks at Window #3 where you used to get gun permits. Over at the DMV my sister, Sue, was refused a driver's license by Mohammed because, evidently, women are not allowed to drive according to his religion. I had to also go to Walmart to pick up a few things and it took me going through 3 lines to check out. The Catholic guy wouldn't sell me condoms, the Jewish woman refused to ring up my pork chops and the Mormon dude refused to sell me smokes and beer!

It certainly is a mixed up, jumbled up, shook up world and don't even get me started on Lola. 

I was thinking that what we need is a separation of church and state, a constitutional law that prohibits the establishment of a state religion so that government can't be controlled by religion. Then I noticed that we've actually got that in the First Amendment of the Constitution. Who knew?

Not presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee, evidently. He and other Asshole-Americans paid no mind to the Jewish saying: "Be careful what you wish for- you might get it!" Mike's assuming his matter-a-fact declarations that "we are a Christian nation" actually mean that we are a Christian nation. Nope. He just maybe forgot that other religions might have an interest in our government too? Like you can't just say that "Christian Laws Matter" when others might think that "ALL Religious Laws Matter"?

And hey- doesn't Mike always say that "the government can't pick winners and losers"? Sorry, Huck- the founders decreed a long time ago that the government was NOT in the religion business. Like Kim Davis, your first mistake was starting at the top of your own chain of command, with a God who doesn't speak in public- just to you and guys on a street corner. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there - this is CC from Weird. Just wanted you to know that I did goof putting the Niwot stuff in there. I'm a super friendly, unguarded person. And you're right about being more careful. I had someone tell me the same thing over a year ago.

I don't know how to PM you so this is the best I can do.

;-)

ex-ferrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I figured. I had the comments removed. The two that quoted my quote and the original. I discovered Topix 2 years ago during the 1,000 year flood in Boulder County and surrounding areas. Like I said a person who I now consider a friend warned me way back when. I still hold him at arms length but he has helped me a lot in giving me advice.

Funny you mention the PM's - Tally and MegaMonster have both PM'd me. Tally started about a week ago. It had to do with the hard drive comment I made. He is not very tech savvy. But if he's in his 70's then that explains a lot. I did wonder about his very first statement to me though he told me that he was not Rosa and not giving me the judge it's. I didn't know who Rosa was and I could care less about the judge-it's. MM just PM'd me yesterday. They both seem pretty conservative politically so I'm just keeping it strictly on topic with them. Denny is a whole other animal (Tally could be too - I just really have paid attention in the last week to him).

I noticed you commenting from Chicago a while ago. You would chime in every so often. Which is nice. Sometimes I felt like I was the only real Liberal. I'm probably not long for El's Kitchen. I try to talk to people to give them a different look at a Liberal. I try to respect what they say and put my thoughts out there. I'm pretty much done talking to Denny. I posted on his Thread a couple of months ago but stopped. It's just too narrow minded - ugh. Hoosier Hillbilly seems set in his ways but people really give the guy crap and I felt a little sorry for him.

What I would consider my home forum has pretty much died. So I'm just trying out different places for kicks. I'm going to jump in here shortly and start volunteering for the Democrats in Boulder. Trump can not make it to the White House. The man is rewriting the playbook. And although I love how he is manhandling the current Republican Nominees - long term he is very scary to me. He tweeted something about Jeb Bush soliciting donations from China today. He is giving a lot of Americans a behind the scenes look at the dirty side and shadow side of Politics. Trump himself is a crook. He knows how the game is played.

Anyway - home today. Have some stuff I'm getting ready for tonight.

Thanks again!

Leslie

ex-ferrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Topix@wikileaks said...

I just read an article that was coming from the camp of the Tea Party. Media and legal manipulation is a two way street. Here we have the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) targeting big business (not the small businesses that won't make same sex wedding cakes). You target little guys and it's no big deal - Huckabee praising jesus and a whole lot of internet chatter. But big business means you change the laws.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/02/geller-muslim-stewardess-refuses-to-serve-alcohol-then-plays-the-victim/

ex-ferrer said...

It's funny that the flight attendant/booze one isn't getting much play but, I love the timing! It's silly and frivolous but, that's half of law. Similar to nuisance suits by lawyers looking to make a buck and/or a name for themselves, these nuisance suits by religions trying to gain an inch more of government. I've come to appreciate the ACLU and various atheists who sued at every seemingly innocuous act by religion to weasel their way into government (think nativity scenes in front of the courthouse) and I now fully realize they weren't picking nits, they were protecting us from religious invasion. Give these people an inch and they will take a yard.

But, religious world domination aside, if your religion (in YOUR interpretation) keeps you from issuing legal marriage licences to gays, or serving alcohol- get a new job! Nobody died storming the beach at Normandy so that YOU could change society to meet YOUR religious needs! I know because I checked. These assholes like Huckabee are looking for every loophole they can. Maybe the Muslim's are too. Neither are welcome to govern MY life.

Anonymous said...

Huckabee supported Josh Duggar. Enough said.

Just wanted to let you know that i'm pulling back from posting on El's Kitchen. I really don't like being mean - but the combined IQ can't be very high. So Tally says he was a Judge - I really doubt that. Not with the elementary school level of the comments he makes. I have 2 college friends - one is a Judge in NY not too far from the city, the other was a Magistrate in the Air Force at Edwards Air Force Base. Tally is not a Judge. I look at the totality of why I even post on Topix and honestly I don't know why I continue to post. I guess it's the off chance of meeting someone that gets it.

I try to listen to both sides of the Political Spectrum. I like to understand what motivates people. Dig further than just taking things at a superficial level. I guess I like to figure out the Why. I should have been a Psychologist.

So there you have it. Hope you're good. I know you can't really respond back.

;-)

Leslie