Saturday, September 19, 2015

Gray Lives Matter

Things are not looking up on Topix. Neither are the trolls.

It happens so often that someone is going about their troll business and either the proxy fails or they simply fail to look up when they think they have changed IP's. It's a regular occurrence, usually revealing what you already knew anyway.

Half of trolling is these people trolling their friends with or without their knowledge. I think it's usually without their friends knowledge but, you never know. In these little cliques it's how the clique leaders keep people in line and on their toes. It's stupid and juvenile but, that's Topix! 

Back in the day when I had an avatar/profile on Topix, if I posted gray to be cute, I'd blow it on the next post forgetting I wasn't signed in to my profile. No big deal as it was harmless fun but still, for me, it was a Homer Simpson "DOH!" moment. Though the circumstances of Topix banning my profile and IP were dirty and foolish, it kinda simplified things. Well, once I figured out how to post, that is. I always liked the ability to use names pertinent to my posts whenever I would post gray, something you obviously can't do with a registered profile.

I never really intended to get a profile. Having one makes it easy for others (including Topix...especially Topix...) to track you. I got mine when a Troll Mod was spoofing my gray self and I figured registering would protect me. It didn't. Someone promptly spoofed my profile, complete with a copy of my profile pic. Such shenanigans aside, Topix likes to ban profiles, forcing people to kowtow to them and re-register. I doubt I could have done that being IP banned but I wasn't going to anyway so, kinda moot point. I kinda do but don't miss the Private Message feature that comes with a profile. First of all, they're not quite private. Mods can read them. This means they might share them with their troll friends. But, they were a convenience in contacting people you wanted to communicate with offline.

I don't have to bother to look up anymore though and that's kinda nice. It's always bemused me that many of the worst trolls on Topix are registered and that they look down on most all gray posters as "trolls". Almost all. Not the ones they know, love or fucking are much of the time. It's just silly that creating an email address for Topix, picking a name and an avatar and it's like you're a natural born citizen and can suddenly demand walls and sanctions on undocumented people. Kinda like real life in America.

2 comments:

Topix@wikileaks said...

Nailed it.

I learned all the dirty tricks of Topix from Kevin. Including, when it came to accounts, that there were letters you had to be careful with. For instance, capital 'I' for lower case 'L.' You had to make double accounts. What a great pleasure it was when the tables were turned on that whiney boy/man. Ended up the deserving recipient of a case of 'whack a mole.' Gone, poof, dead.

Feels my heart with joy just thinking about it.

ex-ferrer said...

I know that's right! He was quite the operator. My original stalker used to encourage EVERYONE to register. That makes it easier for Topix to keep an eye on you. Small world that they were friends.