Sunday, June 8, 2014

Stop and smell the forums

I've gotten a different perspective on Topix since the Troll Mod threw up it's hands in defeat and banned me. Topix hasn't changed but it's interesting to just be a reader now with no option of replying and, thus, effecting the dialogue. Or, as I am legally obligated to ask, is it affecting?

It's definitely not as interactive as it was about ten days or so ago! That's not bad. Nor is the timing bad. I think the days of Topix as we've known it are numbered. In my recent post here about net neutrality I wanted to point out that- as I see it- Topix would probably be one of those sites that the service providers sloooooooow down until Topix would pony up some cash. They probably don't want to do that and I doubt that even the most ardent of trolls would pay to post on Topix. So, the future doesn't look good even if the powers that be don't choose to fuck up the internet.

I hear that the new, improved Topix requires registration and (maybe) has mods that aren't trolls, and probably isn't troll friendly to poster's either. The new one seems to be making an effort to be more Facebook-like (even linking registration to FB) with cute cat videos and politics. I'll stay with Facebook for that stuff. Topix has already proved themselves to be careless in their hiring of mods, perhaps having taken their cue from old westerns where the townsfolk thought it wise to let the outlaws run the town so as to give themselves the notion that it was at least their idea.

Looking at the threads, you'd think I was still posting. It's going to be that way for a few months. Judging by the comments of the usual suspects, you might think I was still there. Well, I'm not. It's the same shit as it's always been- seeing Ferrerman everywhere they want to see me, everywhere there is someone posting gray. You know how it works: Every Illinois poster has to be Ferrerman and every other gray has to be too because, Ferrerman would use a proxy! Those accusations got old years ago and it looks like they will continue to grow older.

Today, for example, I was thumbing through Topix There was the usual fighting and taunting. And I saw where Sublime (who considers yours truly his arch-rival in life) was motoring to a BBQ when they happened upon an accident. Sub's posting the play by play at the time, on his phone.In the midst of all this, a long time troll starts going on about Bill and Hillary Clinton. They weren't at the accident. Whether it was a segue or a non-sequitur, it was stupid! But, evidently Sub's wife (a Certified Nursing Assistant- CNA) sprung into action when they saw the body, organs hanging out, covered by a blanket(?!?) and she began....performing CPR....  None of that shit makes sense to me. Well, it never did. It's just more manufactured Topix drama. There probably was a wreck. We know there is a Bill and a Hillary Clinton. But, I'm not getting where a blood-covered wife and traumatized children continue on to a barbeque after saving dude's life. Just another day in the Topix life for some....Forget it Ferrer....it's Topixtown....

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Organs hanging out? Probably not a good idea to push on his innards.

Man, how did you manage to get banned? Hilarious.

ex-ferrer said...

It seems our old friend, the psycho therapist who practiced on cadavers to get her degree, finally admitted defeat. "If you can't beat Ferrerman, you might as well cheat Ferrerman" That's the new Troll Mod motto.

Yep, I'm no CNA but I wouldn't do chest compressions with guts and or kidneys hanging out! Yikes!

Cookie Parker said...

Funny. GodSmacked pretends to be a psychologist. And I think you are right, she is Susan. Topix is dying on the vine.

btw, I'm Cookie Parker, I post on the Christian and Welch WV forum and have kept track of GodSmacked for about 5 years now.

Top Mod 8 said...

If you have a router just spoof the Mac address and you can get back on topix.

If you are on broadband

Ipconfig/release

Unplug and disconnect router and modem overnight

next morning

Reconnect and power up

ipconfig/renew

ex-ferrer said...

WOOSH! All that hi-tech talk goes over my head! It's just not worth it. I read and several times I've thought of good jokes/comments to post (and couldn't, of course) but, in the whole spectrum of things, Topix doesn't need me or you or anybody. And it shows.

topixwikileaks said...

Simplest explanation is you pull the cords from the router. One goes to your computer and one goes to your phone line. Worked for me - but I gather your pulling the Topix needle from the vein.

Who knew a tea party republican, anti abortionist and wet brain was so adept at death row masturbation techniques? eeck

I'll have a hand sanitizer and a breath of fresh air for lunch

amelia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amelia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amelia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.