Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Chicks are not right

Ask a simple question....

Per my post the other day about sin taxes, I posed the question of tea party interest/noninterest to the mistresses of a Facebook site called: Chicks On The Right.

Remember  a few weeks ago when some guy organized a trucker drive on Washington? I think it was called "The Million Trucker March" or some nonsense. A few hundred trucks might have made the occasion. Nowhere near one million. Well, the Chicks put up a photo on their page that showed a couple hundred trucks making a mess of traffic and headlined it as one of those events that the lame stream media doesn't want YOU to know about.

Well, the problem was, the photo in question was an aerial shot of an ITALIAN TRUCK STRIKE FROM 2008, not an anti-Obama trucker fiasco in 2013. Oops!

So, I posted on their wall asking if they had put that pic up. "Nope", they responded. One of their fans also replied that, simply responding "nope" was the time-honored response to trolls, when they ask trollish questions. And then the conversation went south from there.

I had caught them with their pants down. I think you dedicated non-readers know what happens when a Ferrerman catches a lady with her pants down. For you new non-readers, what happens is spankings! Sometimes literal but, usually just political. Dammit.

Anyways, what ensued was the usual back and forth one would find when engaging 'tards in political battle on Topix. Same shit, different venue. The internet is full of reichwingers.

The Chicks site is the usual vitriolic anti-Obama fluff you can find anywhere. For example, there was a "you'll only see it here" story about some dumbass 19 year old who was plotting to lose his gay virginity in public and call it "art". Some foolishness like that.

The Chicks think one in a row is a trend and and cited this as yet another reason why the country was going to hell under Obama. Their fans agreed!

For all I know, the gay virgin artist story is as true as their trucker strike lie so, I was rolling the dice. I thought I'd pose my question about the laziness of sin taxes and get an actual answer as to why the various tea parties  never mention these taxes as being abusive or even wrong.  It's probably because not too many 2 percenters smoke so, the tax means nothing to them. It's for little people. But, I was curious as to why this never comes up. It's my contention that the taxes that are killing folks are local and state wide rather than Federal. Sales, property, license plates, etc. etc. are always going up. There's no deductions for them. No credits. You have to pay. Yet you never hear the various tea parties scream about that. I think it's because there is no black democrat in charge of those taxes. I mean, in many parts of the country the tax on a pack of cigarettes exceeds the price of the product. Whether you smoke or not, the severity of the tax should piss you off, at least a little. First they came for the smokers but, I was not a Marlboro man....

So, I think I asked them if they knew of any sites that were political since they seemed to be more interested in the usual anti-Obama fluff n' stuff rather than political shit  like taxes. They had distanced themselves from the various tea parties, as well. There are so many, you'd think they'd like at least one. They just claim to be "conservative".  Oh and all their posts are anti-Obama and anti-liberal. But, they're not political...

BTW, I checked and they aren't satire. You have to do that these days when the likes of Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann spout off things that make the writers at The Onion say, "Why didn't we think of that??!!"

So, the Chicks fired me. I can no longer comment on their site. I can look but, I can't touch.

I don't blame them. Who needs someone mucking up their site with politics? It's their right to keep it politics free!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO, funny! I don't smoke but I have to admit the tax on cigs is outlandish. I am sure the excuse is to try and tax people into better health, hoping they quit. After visiting that site I bet Persephone is still the biggest asshole you've met online? Or is it Kevin? Or Stubbylime? We can talk about them here, they don't read this blog //snicker//

ex-ferrer said...

The irony is I think two them smoke. They just must love paying some taxes more than others!

Anonymous said...

Ehh, it's probably a tax upfront where on the back end, it's a subsidy to the farmers growing the tobacco. God forbid Reynolds American pay them a fair fee. God forbid we actually tax, collect and use the money for schools and roads and shit. It's like Walmart, another government subsidized industry.

Richard Barlow said...

The "Roll On Washington" originally started out as a protest against new legislation that put more restrictions on drivers. It had absolutely nothing to do with taxes. And it looked to have a sizable turnout. But.........somewhere in the planning stage, the tea baggers got their claws into it. After that, the whole thing went down hill. Taxes didn't change one iota. But the new regulation that did pass, which was the reason the drive was first conceived, has the possibility of costing drivers upwards of 5 grand for the initial sleep apnea testing. The yearly cost afterwards, if you are found to have sleep apnea, (which you're born with by the way) is between $1200. and $2700. I had initially planed to go myself, but when I received the phone call from a tea bag "official", I quickly distanced myself from the whole thing. When I called the president of the trucking association that I belong to, he was still trying to find out they had taken control of the whole thing. Owners and drivers were calling him left and right saying that they wouldn't be joining in. None of them wanted their names associated with the tea party. Even though truckers are predominately republican. Me thinks the republicans have a fox in the henhouse and better get it out before all that's left are feathers.

ex-ferrer said...

The tea party ruins everything, Richard.