Friday, July 5, 2013

A Piece Of The Pie

I was chatting with co-conspirator, Hegel, the other night about who is who on Topix and who isn't who. I'm often accused of being other people on Topix, probably by people who are absolutely sure I am that poster and they know this because...they are probably that poster and need to deflect. We were talking about the long held belief that some have that I am the gray box poster generally known as "dem".

We both know dem. This is to say we don't actually know him but, we know him. dem is fucking hilarious! He's profane as all get out and nobody does profanity- nearly within the parameters of Topix- better than dem. In context, he's the funniest m-effer on Topix by far! I'm envious of the way he'll completely disembowel a republitard, a Kevin or a Sam in a rapid-fire, full-auto style. I wish I were that funny. Well, maybe I don't. If I was it wouldn't be so much fun to read.

Whereas I finesse these freaks and Hegel does that plus dekes them out of their shoes with logic, dem is the heavy hitter that makes them sorry they ever decided to be assholes. He's our Luca Brasi.

So, I'm flattered when some idiot like Sam or Kevin declares that I am dem but, they are still batting .000. Either one of them is stupid enough to be Billy Rubin. Billy Rubin is a disease, ya know. The symptoms are: having a fake twin, and being a shoe-shopper. There is no known cure.

Anyway, I told Hegel that there are a few uber trolls on Offbeat that I've never posted with. Sweetie Pie comes to mind. Vee. Rosa. And Adrain Devine. I have no real interest in these people and barely read them. For all I know they are the same person. I've always found it odd- telling maybe- that these people have never posted to me either. I'm pretty high-profile and I have a lot of the same enemies that these people have but, I don't think they've ever posted to me. They might not care about me either! HA! I can live with that.

I've long felt that the aforementioned were Clique characters anyway. I look at who hates them and it strikes me that, if the likes of Sam and Laura Beth (marked down from Laura Beffy) despise Sweetie Pie and the others so much it's more than troll jealousy. Where is the professional courtesy? It's sorely lacking. It might be self hatred....

Creating enemies to troll the group is as old as the Topix Hills. You have to have villains, even if it means making them up. You need a Rosa or a Sweetie Pie to cause the group to circle the wagons to protect from attacks. Angelique did that on the Chicago Forum until s/he ruined the dregs with his/her mischief so, it doesn't take a lot of smarts. It's a good idea, I guess, if you have to have enemies and you have  to keep your minions in line. Made up enemies are more reliable than Ferrermen, who don't really like to respond to stupid troll posts when they're trying to edumacate the unwashed political masses of Offbeat. Whoever plays that idiot Sam never figured that out.

Do I know who Sweetie or Rosa is? No. I only know who isn't. This puts me light years ahead of the person(s) who are these people and hundreds of others, the flotsam and jetsam of Topix. I mean seriously- if they wanted to know who Sweetie Pie is, all they have to do is ask their mod. It's that easy.


25 comments:

ex-ferrer said...

Ya can't tell the players without a scorecard! But, probably.

Lord Fetch said...

You've just made dem a rock star, now there'll be no living with him...so to speak

ex-ferrer said...

I think dem can handle the pressure. For me, it's hard being a king-maker.

AKA Hegel said...

I've always found it a bit telling that certain obvious trolls like the ones you mentioned not only repeat themselves in their posts (two of them for years now)... but they target specific people for seemingly weak reasons while ignoring others who are in their faces daily. It's like they hate with blinders on and an agenda firmly in place. With a vengeance! They forgot why a long time ago. It's just what they do. I guess they figured no one would notice? LOL They're idiots on a mission, but it's not a mission from God.

Then you have dem, who's a legendary Topix poster and for good reason. There's no way of contacting him. He just IS. You don't see him for weeks and then there he is, doing the Lord's work and putting those assholes in their place just when they start to believe, and not for the first time, that they're invincible. His timing is impeccable.

I saw one of these unfortunate souls who likes to think he's fairly intelligent sparring with dem last week. Mr. Wonderful started using references that showed he clearly thought he was talking to you, Ferrerman. You've got them all aflutter! dem will tell them they're wrong but they're so desperate for him to BE YOU that they don't care. He enjoys the hell out of that and I know you do too.

Of course all they'd have to do is ask their mod pretty please to rule you out, but that would make you innocent and....and......THEN what would they do? They're sure you're behind every negative thing that's ever been posted to them! (They saw the proxy fail !?!?!....except there WAS no proxy fail.) Hell, even dem can't be tagged for all of the gray boxes. Too many people have figured out how easy it is to mess with them, I guess.

But you're right, no one is as fun to watch as dem. He's a Chicago treasure. He's like Tom Skilling, John Belushi and the Blackhawks rolled into one.

FETCH!!!!

Speaking of Topix/Chicago legends! Ferrerman, dem and Fetch! Who's next....Ditka?

Anonymous said...

It's a virtual ghost town now that the main posters have left. You see the ones who are just itching for a fight over there. They don't realize that the time has come to find another place to troll. Hard for them to grasp since Topix is life to them. Misery loves company, so they'll stick together to the death!


ex-ferrer said...

Sometimes at night, I look at the sky and I swear I see the dem signal...
...and hellarity followed with him...

Barbi said...

Nice post, Ferrerman. And I agree with aka Hegel!

dem appeared on the main forum last year when I really needed a hand. I didn't ask who, or what are you?

He was absolutely brutal and 100% effective. His posts are short, hysterical, and painful...if I ever ended up on his bad side, I'd run away screaming.

Unbelievably filthy and funny, whatever he chooses to be on any given day, he is a living masterpiece of Topix justice!

Anonymous said...

Dem gives them nightmares. That's why certain posters seem to post almost 24 hours a day and look like a skin and bones zombie. Their round the clock posting as themselves, socks and grey boxes has affected them in ways they don't see yet. But we all do. Dem will be in the Topic Hall of Fame!

Anonymous said...

Yep, now that some posters have decided to stop Topix cold turkey, you DO see the real trolls just itching to fight anyone now regardless of troll pedigree. Thorn in flesh (Bex) will continue to chase Harley forever as long as Harley decides to stay. Why? I guess she hates Harley is older and weighs 70lbs less?

Yep, with all these mod "friends" identifying "anonymous" Topix posters for certain high level AZ post makers, it's funny they can't get it right even 5 % of the time. Does this mean the lawyer blog is BS too?

Back to the outing of anonymous posters with the help of your friendly neighborhood mod, many times I post annon for obvious reasons but mostly to stop a thread from being bogged down with the likes of Sam & Sons mucking up the continuity of a decent chat. If my ability to post annon is compromised, it sure sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if this really is going on.

Signed,

Unsigned

topix@wikileaks said...

I'm still hanging in at the virtual ghost town because they pay me too, though I miss good conversation from Hegel, Richard and Ferrerman. But grateful for the new addition of Deer Whisperer as well as the continuous appearance of our lovely Barbi, Rose, Mia and Junket - all a hoot IMHO

Wish I'd gotten an opportunity to get to know Dem. What comments he was able to get through, I was quickly forced to remove, via feedback, from Topix threads, by the chubby chaser and his menopausal sex kitten. What they don't get is when they 'win' Topix they loose. Check out a thread among their inner circle...when they have no one to antagonize, they're reduced to platitudes and inane prattle. Too much time spent on Topix - not enough time spent in 'real life' to have picked up interests, cultural experiences and conversational skills. Just a life devoted to being mean for kicks. And each one of them proudly claims a life aligned with Christ.

Note to the goddess (ahem). We know that overhead shot of your cleavage is meant to provoke lust; and though I allow it through knowing your self-esteem is dependent upon it, in reality, it also points out the post menopausal thinning of your hair line.

Stick to your feet.

Just a suggestion

; )

ex-ferrer said...

That's a very good point. I have gray boxed just to try to slip in past the chihuahuas with AIDS that guard each thread, screaming at the top of their lungs, announcing Ferrerman's presence. Years ago I created my Larry Meber profile strictly for gun forums so those assholes wouldn't follow me to what were then *normal* threads to seek vengeance. Sam and others caught on to that and announced me each time. So, I knew that if I did that again, their friendly neighborhood mod would find out as soon as I registered.

It's a shame, really, because Topix doesn't seem to WANT civilized discussions. Again- theirs is a troll-based economy. I miss the politics but, only a little and less and less each day. You're surely realizing that yourself. NOT posting, it is now so much easier to just read a 'tard's and laugh. And if Topix STILL thinks it's a good idea to have the likes of Bex run off posters to create "drama" they'll soon find Offbeat being as pertinent as the Bumfuck, Kentucky Forum.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the platitudes and hugs and such. Since they hug nobody in RL, might as well do it through the computer. I get my kicks reading the post menopausal lady and her claims of "no connection in the forest", when her IP stays the same! Oh joy! Funny how she never posts a pic of her "man" as she claims. Her photoshopped pictures erasing her knees were pretty great though. Can't wait for the next selfie pic!

Anonymous said...

byline: Deer Whisperer/Luke

I can't help thinking of the lyric: "we're movin' on up, to the eastside" when I read this.

Reading the current Ferreman's entry, and each one of these illustrious comments, all make me ponder ... hard on each! There's surely a lot to respond to!!

But for now ....
Thanks to the recently departed Doug Englebart --
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T01LSUV0V64AK1IS4/p4#c82
-- and the miracle of hypertext:

to topix@wikileaks person ... Thank you.

Anonymous said...

To topix@wikileaks
Thanks!

p.s. I had no idea Persephone was trying to show off her boobs in that overhead shot.
The only thing that stood out in that picture was her crappy hair.
Too funny.

Anonymous said...

@ Topix@wikileaks

At time of posting, note that the overhead shot of the waning female hairline has been removed. It looks like someone reads this blog that claims othwerise!

Topix@wikileaks said...

.....and replaced it with an overhead comb-over

the aging coquette is not only pathetic - but busted!

itkcubs fan said...

Nah, Bex isn't thorn in flesh, it's Bella aka Missing Goldfish. Check out some of their hidden threads for the scoop.

Anonymous said...

@cubsfan

If it's hidden I wont see it. Gotta link?

itkcubsfan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ex-ferrer said...

There are?

Well, yeah, but, that's not helping.

Anonymous said...

You're wrong about Thorn, not Missing Goldfish

Anonymous said...

Topix Would be Better off:

Good Grief the trolls are trying to control the Ferrerman blog now with their, "tee heee, MG isn't Thorn, guess again"

If they just stopped trolling......

ex-ferrer said...

Confidential to "Bex In Conyers": Get your own blog. If you don't like this one, DON'T READ IT! Simple, eh?

I'm already publishing "Sue" comments and Dean is right above you. Maybe it's just YOU? Quitcher whining!

Anonymous said...

I mean seriously- if they wanted to know who Sweetie Pie is, all they have to do is ask their mod. It's that easy.



I am wondering what possesses you.
IMO it's some pretty toxic shit.

Anonymous said...

^^^^^One of your stalkers, Ferr?
The irony.