Saturday, December 1, 2012

If I was a master thief, perhaps I'd rob them?

These days, the closest anyone is going to get to being an Evil Genius is to become an internet troll.

Sure, your lair will be in the proverbial mom's basement but, the world doesn't have to know that. Just don't admit to anything true and you'll be just fine.

Like the toddler who covers his eyes and thinks that you can't see him, trolls think they have everyone fooled. Well, yeah, they pretty much do but, that's more so because nobody really cares who they are.

A friend alerted me to a Dr. Phil show about "catfishing".  I'm not much on Dr. Phil so, it's no surprise I missed the episode but, I am familiar with the term. I looked at some clips on-line from the episode. Evidently a woman had gone to great internet lengths to romance some other women, convincing them that she was a man named "Shaun". Who does something like this? Why?

Topix trolls aren't too far removed from these sad gigolos, in search of lonely hearts. Just more gregarious maybe? Having been so high-profile on Topix myself, I've been the object of the ire of several trolls. Or, just one? It's really hard to say, ya know, because they're...evil genius's!

Troll gender is often assumed or taken at the troll's word. But, just as the ladies on Dr. Phil were sure they were falling in love with a man, I'm sure my stalker Sam (for example) is a man. I mean- why would he lie about that?

That was sarcasm, by the way.

No offense to women but, Sam has bitch written all over him. I'm not being mean. I just don't think a man stalks another man like that. Maybe a gay man does. Sam is either a very disgruntled woman or a very disgruntled gay man. A straight male just does not make a four year commitment to stalking me or any other man on the internet or in real life. Sheesh- come on!

It was similar with Angelique770 who claimed womanhood and read like one but, might have been a gay man too. Who knows? Unless you meet all these people in real life, you pretty much have to take them at unseen face value. I can still keep my liberal card and point out that a lot of gay men do have feminine qualities. This would be because they do ya know.

It's like being anyone or any number of people on the threads. If you really think you are fooling anyone, you are- you're fooling yourself. That's where these Evil Genius Trolls come in. I mean- to have a secret identity- ON THE INTERNET- wow... But, not just to have one but, BE A MASTER OF DISGUISE...and be anyone you desire...at any time! There's not a lot of fucking idiots that can pull that off!

More sarcasm...

Sigh. People's sad lives. Some just can't limit themselves to one.

2 comments:

Barbi said...

You're Ferrerman, and that's why there will always be Sams, in my opinion.
I've been told that I have a male voice, but I think that's because I had so many brothers. And because of my profession.
But the question is, what is the point?
I often wonder: where do folks get the time, or, what are they avoiding? It's not even a game because nobody wins. What do they want? Sad lives is an understatement.

ex-ferrer said...

True about me being a Ferrerman. I can't change that even if I WANTED to!

You read like a woman to my highly-skilled eye. I'm not scared! Wait- should I be? Uh oh...

Fooling people on the internet is nothing to aspire to or brag about. It can only be as hard as someone wants to make it- ya know? Seems a little too easy. Kinda dumb too, like learning how to shoot pool on the radio...