Friday, September 21, 2012

The Hotel Topixtown

I only post regularly on one thread these days. It's a very nice, eclectic thread owned and operated by my friend, Hegel. There's a few trolls who show up but, it's generally a nice blend of topical chatter, cute videos and  life experiences shared amongst a nice group of interesting people. It is as Topix should be.

I confess to looking and lurking on other threads. There's two truths on Topix: confessing (as I just did) and speculating without any sort of evidence. Some people just know shit is *true*, mostly because they say so. What we don't always know is what happens to people after they quit posting. Is it like The Hotel California where, you can check out anytime you like but, you can never leave? Well, it's that plus people putting away old avatars and starting fresh to avoid or, perhaps annoy old enemies. Sometimes a name or avatar pops up and you remember that person and it might make you wonder whatever happened to someone else whom you hadn't seen in awhile.

Last night on the Chicago dregs thread one of the dregs wondered what had happened to the actual poster who had started the thread a few years back. Her name was *Andie*. Pay close attention to the spelling as misspelling causes some people to get very angry!

I had seen where a dregular wondered what had happened that caused Andie to stop posting, early in 2011.  The poster speculated that her husband might have killed her.

Oh my. You just have to *know* some of these people as I do. They tend to leap to wild conclusions and then work backwards from that to something a bit more logical, usually after a few days of fighting. I guess it was true that Andie had an abusive husband but, to what extent, I just didn't know. Death, specifically by homicide, is not my first thought when I wonder why someone isn't posting anymore. (Though, to be Ferrer, if some of these people act in real life as they post, they could well be subject to the wrath of someone.) You just never know but, I assume a new avatar or forum abdication of Topix rather than homicide. Hey- you'll get me off Topix when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead fingers!

So, the speculator did some sleuthing. She knew Andie's real name and pretty quickly found an obituary. There was no mention of cause of death. Andie died in February of '11. She had posted a couple days before that and there had been no mention of feeling poorly. One can only hope that she passed quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Now, regular, dedicated non-readers of this blog know that, boy oh boy, do I have some history with the dregs, the denizens of the AmyAbbyville territory of Topixtown. In fact, it has been said that I am the reason this town is afraid of Ferrerman! I read that somewhere. That aside, I thought I'd drop by and pay my respects. Angela (who goes by Redheadwithglasses) had this to say about my condolences:

"At least spell her name right, you insane dickless wonder.

(andie would have appreciated that!)"

YIKES! I replied that "(she's) a lot of fun at funerals". Andie (I had left off the "e") would have appreciated both my condolences and my snappy rejoinder.

Insane? Hardly.

Dickless? I'm X number of inches away from being dickless and over Angela's personal limit of inches. Also, kinda choosy...

Wonder? I'll take that. Might have been a typo...wonderful?

Well, not everyone handles the death of others well. Honestly, that had nothing to do with Angela's ire towards me. She had a severe degree of anti-Ferrerman sentiment long before it was popular.in AmyAbbyville or anywhere else. She's kind of a "c" word and rather proud of it. She's fond of a sick *joke* she's told a few dozen times about a serial killer walking a crying child into the woods. He says to the child: "What are you crying about? I'm the one that has to walk out of here all by myself".  Well, I did say "c" word.

Others thought Angela was unnecessarily harsh towards my post. Many of the current dregs weren't around AmyAbbyville when A770 decided to go to war with Ferrerman (and lose, BTW) but, they have been informed of Ferrerman, as viewed by the tribal elders. As a wise Ferrerman once said: "Forget it, Ferrerman- it's Topixtown...."

I don't know why people can't be nice. We're only posting on this earth for such a short time.

Rest In Peace, Andie. I liked you even though I didn't actually know you.

That's often as good as it gets on Topix.

2 comments:

Hegel said...

I saw what Angela said to you and thought it was not only harsh but horribly inappropriate given the subject and tone of the discussion. There are certain times, even on Topix, when everyone can agree that something of greater importance should take precedence, if only for a little while.

This was another case of someone feigning sympathy or empathy but in reality, they're only using that as a vehicle for their greater Topix agenda. Her concern was overwhelming.

And that joke of hers is sick and should have been enough for anyone to see her for what she really is. But as you say, this IS Topix...

Barbi said...

Well dang it there's the penis reference again!! Not from the same woman, but do you see a trend, Ferrerman.
I say this calls for a study. Or has it been included in 007's thesis?
Hey, that was very cool that you wanted to pay your condolences to Andie.