Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ferrerman's Troll-fighting Tips

You are not legally allowed to kill them. The downside to Stand Your Ground laws is that they don't apply (so far) to the internet and, if they did, 99% of the ground-standing-killing would probably be done by the trolls themselves, just like IRL where the likes of George Zimmerman abuse an otherwise fairly well intentioned law.

On the threads, I do recommend standing one's ground though. Just modify your rules of engagement to the point where you simply do not engage obvious trolls unless you've got a funny that's just too good to pass up. It's the old DFTT (Do not Feed The Troll) advice but, modified to allow for some fun. Stand your ground by continuing to post but, post around the troll(s) and let them starve themselves on their obsession.

There are certainly thousands of obsessed trolls with hundreds of thousands of personas all over the internet. I really hate to think of my troll as "my troll" because it sounds so...weirdly possessive. It's something that that creepy Billy R and his equally creepy, alleged *twin sister* habitually talk about. They think it adds to their already over inflated, self-absorbed, specialness. The term itself is over used. It's come to take on the meaning with many that anyone who disagrees with you is a troll. Certainly every fucking scumbag reichtard moron considers Ferrerman a troll because of my talented, enlightened, charming, gifted, posting techniques and progressive opinions. They surely think that everywhere they follow Ferrerman, there Ferrerman is going on about non-crazy solutions to life's problems! It's either that or they really have a strong, anti-spanking of women's bottoms stance in life. Yikes. What's wrong with them???

Anyway, you can ignore/not-feed trolls all you want and they either go away or they don't. That's just the way it is. Fighting them is kind of futile. It's like beating the snot out of somebody- they're laying on the ground in a bloody pulp- and them claiming victory because you bloodied your knuckles on them.

Personally, I like that every post I make is iconned and replied to as some degree of gay/stupid, usually by the same idiot. People notice that and, whether they are Ferrerman friendly or not, it must occur to them that the stalker is one very obsessed idiot with no life beyond stalking Ferrerman. I like this just like I like *conservative* posts about rounding up liberals and putting them in concentration camps *to take OUR America back!!* Those folks, like trolls, just can't grasp that such malevolent idiocy only appeals to other malevolent idiots, people who need validation of what they were already thinking anyway. Often the threads are just a dating site for crazy people.

You might think that the trolls would pick up on this but, they don't. They just don't get it. Imagine thinking Ferrerman could be defeated!

Well, that's crazy talk....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw shit.
I'm a troll......., oh well, I'm not YOUR troll, and that's all that really matters
xoxo
Annie

Anonymous said...

there are a few people I'm not very nice to, but they're the type that condone killing gays and illegals.
so they totally deserve it.
and sometimes I go onto the "gay" threads and take the "preachers" to task for judging others and not loving their fellow man in the name of their "God".
(my God is all about peace & love, he's like an old hippie at a dead concert handing out daisies).
xoxoxo
Annie

ex-ferrer said...

I think I know that God!

Yep, some definitely need their attitudes readjusted on a variety of issues and deserve it- and then some. You do it very well.

ex-ferrer said...

BTW, Annie, didn't we at first have a bit of conflict- over my Tiger Woods comments? It took you a few posts to figure me out. For some it's been years and they still don't get me.

Anonymous said...

I think I just assume that 99% of what I read is sarcasm, it helps.
xoxoxox
Annie