Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pimp My Blog

Of late, this space has come under attack by a couple of knuckleheads who believe that my followers- of which there are just two- are indicative of how many dedicated non-readers I have. Worse, one of the attackers is one of my listed followers! YIKES!

Well, as alert, dedicated non-readers know, I fired one follower- Sublime- last month or something like that, so, technically, I'm down to one follower. And she rarely comments on the blog itself but rather directly to me via e-mail. DOUBLE YIKES!

And- TRIPLE YIKES!- my #1 Fan, annie, IS NOT A REGISTERED FOLLOWER!!! How'd THAT happen?

It is humorous to me that Sub and this other guy (Craig) go about Topix often LINKING this blog to anonymous people. Thanks! They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts of course. They are actually try ing to be mean, But, they say that any publicity is good publicity. Somehow these two think that directing people to my blog will somehow result in LESS people reading my blog.

Huh? How's that work? They must be government employees.

The idea is to embarrass me. People will follow their direction, check out my blog and read it to see what people are not reading. It's brilliant. That is, if by "brilliant" I mean: "stupid".

I don't get paid to write this. I knew a guy who started an advice column on blogspot. He solicited donations and sold advertising space. His advice column failed miserably and he came to resent his friends for not (literally) supporting him. Sublime himself created a blog and wrote exactly one rambling post (about marijuana laws) before realizing he couldn't hack it. Maybe the dope wore off. And Craig, who does not have a blog at all, equates having 1700 *friends* 0n Facebook to being a blog, thus being a more popular blogger than I. Oh, OK. I'm gonna guess there are teenage girls who have more than 1700 FB friends thus making them more popular bloggers than Craig. I, by the way, have 55 FB friends. To my shame, some of them are family members....

I write this just for fun. I enjoy it. It's there when I need it, whenever I feel like *talking* about something or writing about extremely idiotic people I know from the 'net. It's eclectic. It is, as they say, what it is.

It's not my dick but, to some people, I think they see it as their dick.

What a way to compensate....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahhahaha
I totally thought I was registered!!!!!!
what a retard I am. hahahaha
-
I've even go so far as to put up a real, and recent photo of myself, because my SP avatar wouldn't load here.
-
love your blog ferrerman, the rest of your "followers" don't appreciate you the way my husband and I do.
-
-Annie

ex-ferrer said...

Hey! no real names or pics on this space. As I've written, a few of my detractors are- what's the phrase- "fucking loonytoons" and I wouldn't want to see you get bothered by them.

Thanks, Annie!

Anonymous said...

I think that's why I never registered, hmmm

ex-ferrer said...

Yeah, The jealous (non-bloggers) that stumble amongst us don't realize the process. One really awful former blogger even surmised that the comments of you and others were made up by me. So, to review: not many followers, the comments MUST be faked= cased closed! Some people! Thanks for being you, Annie!

Roo said...

I think you're the only one that reads my blog (when I update it), so I'm pretty sure you have more non-readers than me...not bad. :)