Friday, October 8, 2010

Combat Fatigue

There's no one left to fight.

Lest anyone get their boxers hunched up, thinking I'm speaking about battling ninnies for control of AmyAbbyville; been there won that. That dictator's weapons of mass distraction have been destroyed. Make no mistake about that. AmyAbbyville is not to be occupied by this Liberator.

Nope, I'm talking politics. I'm wore out, tired of phoning it in. Others are too. Hegel doesn't even bother any more. I have never seen anyone who fights as well as she does and does it so cleanly (though BH is every bit as well-prepared and professional). dem is phoning it in and just amusing himself. He's whupped better than this on his WAY to a good fight. Curly hung it up awhile back. Just got sick of it, I guess. I can't blame her. Sel and Leo are still in it, honing their skills I guess. Same with RS who is politically brilliant but chooses to brawl. Given the opposition, I'm all for that.

That might be the thing. There's no one to finesse on any threads. It's all bare-knuckles. A little bit of UFC is great but, where's the chess game?

A fews months back I tried a change of venue. I was well ensconced on Offbeat which is a lot of fun but also happens to be a hot bed of reich wingers. A typical thread on Offbeat might be titled: "What's yur Shoe size". The misspelling of "your" would be typical too. Anyway, likely about ten posts in to that, some wag might post: "Not as big as the communist boot Obama has up our ass now!" That passes for political discourse in those parts. Then a flood of positive icons would show agreement with that witticism. I'd let something like that go, probably add that I always wondered if there were something to that old saw about shoe size and penis size, noting that I had dropped half a size in my shoe several years ago but checked on my dick and, well, everything was still right as rain. I'd get funny icons for that. Always did back then. Ah, but then the thread would return to Obama's Hitleresque boot up America's ass and no one would care about my penis anymore. Well, that was just too much like real life.

So, I would engage. But, I never got anything good going. Nobody really had their head in it, it seemed. It was like slapping bums who got aggressive. Street people know that most people don't want trouble and most are smart enough to realize that a bum does NOT care about getting his ass kicked or going to jail. Put those bums on Topix where there are no cops and, no matter what anybody says, they can't kill you, and they are in their element. A perfect world of anonymous hate and read by more people than a port-a-potty.

You know, I've never written a *post* in a Jonny-on-the-job or a bathroom stall. Nope. That's the internet for construction workers. Before I knew what "trolling" was, I saw an electrician get trolled relentlessly- by his own guys. Turns out he had it coming as he was a rat. Evidently, one Saturday his crew decided to head for the house and call it eight. He silently agreed to tell the boss.Rat bastard. One of his counterpart foremen did pin him to the wall and was fixin' to beat his ass but, cooler heads prevailed. The aggressor was forced to apologize and- worse- shake his hand. With a beatdown out of the equation, the crew was left to write about him in the Jonnies. Some of it was hilarious. Much of it was brutally mean. Well, most of it was brutally mean.

Reading that and a tour of duty in the sixth grade, readied me for Topix. The humor also appealed to me. I like it when someone *posts* on a stall: "I fucked your mother last night!" Because then someone will follow that with: "Go home, dad. You're drunk!"

It's the vitriol of the politics that has been getting to me. It saddens me that so many (though VERY far from a majority) are so obscenely vehement in their hatred for our president and towards well-meaning liberals. Such a vocal and foolish minority of assholes. They bring NOTHING to the table but bad manners, ignorance and vulgarity. A link from Fox or some other reichwing website passes for political acumen. They suck. That's it. They suck.

Now, I've know this pretty much from Jump Street. It's just that lately I've grown weary of it. It's like my work with the ninnies. I KNOW that it empowers them in an abstract way when I make a witty post here and there. It makes them feel wanted and needed and a bit giddy as if Ferrerman really cared about them. I don't. I just like fucking with stupid people. If there is a God, he surely wants me to fuck with stupid people because he keeps bringing them to me.....

I'm not giving up. Not retiring. Maybe I'm just resting. The November play-offs are approaching. If those assholes *win* a few seats, they'll really need some fucking with. I want my posting arm to be strong. I'll be back like Favre....only better and, uh, still having sent no penis pics to anyone....EVER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Topix sux lately.
I'm bored.
-Annie

ex-ferrer said...

I just got back from the Bears game. They sucked almost as bad as Topix!