Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mirrors

I mentioned to a friend of mine in an e-mail the other day, that one of the people on the 'net who has made me (well, Ferrerman anyway) their sworn enemy, wrote that "if anyone wanted to kill Ferrerman, (she) would look the other way".

*Rachel* thought that was awful and asked how I could tolerate people like that.

Well, the woman, *Angela*, is just someone on the 'net, not anyone I know in real life. She lives hundreds of miles away in Minnesota and though she wakes up one morning, goes to work and takes the time to express via computer her desire that someone kill me, her murderous desires do not phase me. I don't know what people hope to accomplish by getting "e-tough" on the internet with people they don't know. It's kinda hard to take someone seriously when they do something that is as cowardly as an obscene phone call would be. Yet people do this every day on the threads. It's a violation of the Terms Of service but, Topix and the rest of the internet is a vast, untamed Wild West where the only "law" for miles around is a computer program that kicks out vulgarities (most of the time...) and we're really expected to fend for ourselves. Well, if you've got a spare $19.95 laying around, justice and hats and tee-shirts are available at the Topix store. Not to be mean but, she's not worth 20 bucks to me. Besides, better men than her have wanted to e-kill me.

Another common fantasy on the threads is that one poster will request that another commit suicide.

Isn't THAT special?

I read this every day as well. "I don't like you! Please kill yourself!" This advice is given daily throughout the threads.

Ironically, one of Angela's friends, irRational, has asked me at least twice to do just that. Though I've never met the dude, he's of the opinion that this would solve all my problems AND his as well. If I remember right, he makes his living as an (unemployed) financial planner. Not exactly E.F. Hutton, is he?

But again, it's not just me hearing these threats and *suggestions* on the threads. They are as ubiquitous as the assertion that every troll on the boards is living in their mother's basement, fat, gay and/or all of the above, etc. etc. Someone thinks, therefore you are...

I may make a screenshot now and then about such things but, I don't take them to heart. Truth is, if you did show up at my door intending to hurt me...

Well, I'm not Nostradamus but, I bet something nasty would happen that would teach someone- far too late- that they shouldn't threaten someone, especially a Ferrerman.

It's mostly *innocent* blowhard, masturbation fantasies of the soul though. The people who make such threats are cowards who are afraid to act on their words.

I think though, some people must post with a mirror above their monitor. Who are they really *talking to* when they post such vile? Mirror or not, they are voicing the depths of their shallow souls, exposing the sadness of their being. Who do they really despise?

No comments: