Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Morning At The Agenda Cafe

I don't know what I was thinking. Well, I was thinking of breakfast but, why I chose The Agenda Cafe is just beyond silly. The service is terrible there. One waiter, everyone competeing for his attention.

There was a new customer this morning. She was kinda mousey looking. She perused the menu quietly then DEMANDED to know why there weren't any introverts on the menu. The waiter seemed confused.

"We serve blacks, Mexicans, gays and lesbians, women, handicapped people, gun-nuts, all varieties of disenfranchised Republicans- "

She cut him off. "But, no introverts! Why don't you serve introverts!?"

"Well", he replied, "there doesn't seem to be much of a call for those. What with all these other groups screaming for attention, why should we cater to introverts?"

"Because we want to be left alone!"

The waiter, puzzled by the incongruity of her declaration, decided to give her what she seemed to want. He left her table to attend to attend to some left-handed diners puzzled at the injustice of their tableware. Why aren't there left-handed forks, knives and spoons...

I left the cafe myself. Clearly I wasn't even going to get a cup of coffee this morning. I headed off to Mickey D's where everyone gets served eventually and they do not discriminate. Fed, and with a large black coffee to go, I walked past the Agenda Cafe and noticed the introverted gal curled up in a ball in her chair, rocking back and forth. Even through the glass I could hear her demanding to be left alone.

Do we need another minority group in this country? I don't think so. We are all minorities in the sense that each individual is special in their own right and has their own particular wants and needs that often are contrary to the majority. In fact, the silent majority of the individual is the largest minority in the whole world. I'm the only Ferrerman in the world. I don't feel the need to shout out for Ferrerman rights or to complain that the rest of society discriminates against Ferrerman. Sure, at times, some do discriminate against Ferrerman. Not everyone "gets" Ferrerman. Not everyone likes Ferrerman. Not everyone understands Ferrerman. No one truly knows what it's like to be Ferrerman. People want to change Ferrerman...

Should I then suffer in silence at the top of my lungs like others do? Should I organize a "Million Ferrerman March On Washington"? I think that if I did, it would fall short of that count by about 999,999. Should I start a blog about the superiority of Ferrerman as opposed to the inferiority of non-Ferrermans? Some say I already have but, they are wrong about that and haven't been paying close attention. There's that discrimination again...

No, I'll just go on in life as I always have, not belonging to any group that would have me as a member. I'm a Groucho Marxist in that respect. I'm still an infrancinophile- fighting for the true underdogs in life, those that need taking up for. It's what a Ferrerman does.

No comments: