Monday, September 14, 2009

Old soldiers

In the past few weeks I have had three "regulars" leave nice posts on my blog, questioning why I have such a problem with the dregs and why it must persist. These aren't ninnies, mind you, but three people rather new to the threads who have wondered what exactly has been going on and why. I WILL NOT reveal their screen names and I did not, as per their request, publish their comments. They do not care to be part of the witchhunt. They've read my blog and agree that the penis pic's were a lie and a very wrong thing for A770 to do. They get that. What they don't get it why I care. Well now, that's a good question.

They also get that she's most likely not a therapist at all. Yes, Ferrerman, it's the internet and people pretend to be people that they aren't. Even with the lie about the penis pic's, is this THAT big of a deal?

Not really. I saw through it about 10 months ago. These three came to conclusion on their own but, admittedly, I fueled that doubt with my posts on the matter. "She" may be a 300# dis-abled longshoreman named Chuck for all I know or care. If Chuck wants anonymous people on the internet to believe that he is female, French therapist with a practice and students and a lab filled with assistants- why should I care? Actually, I don't really care. But, s/he, Chuck/Angelique started this silly shit and it's been real and it's been loads of fun but, it's not real fun anymore.

There are two people who know the truth about the lie of the penis pic's. One's me and the other is Chuck/Angelique- A770 for short. That's it. Nobody else. Everyone else has a position. They either belive her, believe me or don't care. When that fucking retard rashional was making noise about sueing me for defamation of her character, I invited her to prove it. Show the cops in her city the picture(s) and the love-letter e-mails that she sometimes added were also sent and pursue a criminal or civil case. Just do it.

She didn't. Because, there was no proof. There was no proof because it did not happen.

The lie is out there, where all lies are. They're just there. If you want it, pick it up. If you don't, keep moving. Sure, I was pissed about the lie at first. You would be too. But, if a few anonymous girls who don't know me- will never know me- believe the lie of someone else on the internet (that they don't actually know either!) told them to be true, what difference does it make? For me, this isn't real life. It's just the internet. For too many of them, it IS their real life. It's all they've got.

So, we've come full cycle with her lie about the penis pic(S). (Sometimes there was one, others there were several thus the (s).) For a time, in a effort to get me to cop a plea, she offered that someone might have hijacked my Facebook account for the sole purpose of sending her dick pic(s). If I would have apologized for that, everything would have been okay...

But damn, I'm hard-headed. You just can't get me to admit to anything that I didn't do. I am not a team player, in that respect.

I also did not out anyone's real life name. So, no, I won't be apologizing for that either. That silly shit is not even worth discussing.

The three commenters seemed to just want the forum to return to the banality of the back and forth of what the Amy/Abby threads used to be before the Tribune bailed on Topix. They seemed bemused by the imaginary tea parties and just accepted it as part of the threads. Again, if 770 wants to pass herself off as a therapist, a psychologist or whatever, it doesn't really matter. Hey, the bubble tea is free, right? It doesn't matter.

Yeah, fine. It's silly and stupid but it's harmless enough. I don't guess these people care that there is a secret society of introverts and I respect that. They just want to discuss vegan breastfeeding and whatever else is in the letters each day. If they have strong opinions about a subject that go against the grain of the regulars, they still might wind up being ridiculed in a story by 770 but, it won't be seen in the Forum threads like they used to so, who cares?

These three, from what I've seen of their posts and what they told me here, have lives and just want a little diversion during their workday. And they would like this diversion to be good, harmless fun. I agree. Only one actually said this in so many words but, yes, if I quit posting this would all stop. I didn't *have* to but, it could help.

Sadly, this is true. It started with her lie but i kept fighting. The lie grew and now every post I make is seen as inflamatory and/or threatening. Things have gone beyond ridiculous. These assholes are so entrenched it isn't funny anymore. It WAS funny to me for a long time and it might have seemed funny to these three and other posters at times but it has now become a chore. I'm tired of it. I won but there is no peace in occupation.

So, for the innies who left, I will leave. And for these three anonymous posters, I will leave. But, most of all, I will leave for me. 'Cause this shit's gotten old.

And, uh, these dregs fight like a bunch of pussies anyway...

11 comments:

ex-pingu said...

...and life's too short anyway! Who needs the aggravation?

Maggie said...

It's a good thing. : )

Anonymous said...

Good riddance, glad to see you finally leaving them alone. I'm sure you won't publish this because you apparently only allow your fan club to comment here. But I for one won't miss your inane posts on the forums stirring up shit just for the hell of it, making yourself out like this great person when you paint people's bedrooms for a living. Sad, pathetic little man.

ex-ferrer said...

You're wrong on so many levels. I'm 6' 2'' 9'' for one. Even YOU can comment here. (that's two) And I also do exteriors as well as kitchens baths etc. I can do it all (that's 3). But, I do my best work in the bedroom so, you're not completely wrong there. However, you ARE anonymous so, eat me!

Anonymous said...

Good riddance, even the flies won't miss you.

Roo said...

6' 2'' 9''? Maybe it's because I'm tired, but that seems like too many ".

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - nothing is gained by retribution.

Come on - dissing someone's occupation? That's really immature. What's wrong with being a painter? They do a hell of a lot more work than I do sitting my ass behind a desk everyday.

If everyone truly would like this to be over and done with, and from what I've read that seems to be the case, then ya'll have got to quite with the cattiness.

Personally - I go on Topix to get away from the stresses of life, not to have to skip over half the posts because people are continually bitching back and forth. I'm sorry, I'm just in a rotten mood and all this drama pisses me off - blame it on stress, lack of sleep, or lack of "extracurricular activities", but I'm like a ticking timebomb over here.

Peace...

Anonymous said...

WTF?

If painting people's bedrooms gets the bills paid WHO THE FUCK are YOU to look down your snobby little nose at it?

Whatever your contribution to the world might be you just cheapened and demeaned it by thinking it makes you better than any person who does whatever it takes to get the bills paid.

Anonymous said...

Ferrerman,

I actually think you should just hang out and let go of things. You don't have to like everyone on topix. There are enough people who like you on topix. The only point I was trying to make was that it is not good for anyone to continue with this.

I like Roo grow tired of this, and we don't see the true Ferrerman often enough, but rather someone who is pissed off, right or wrong. That is not who you are and not who you should be.

Sublime

ex-ferrer said...

Sublime

I appreciate the sentiments But, Topix lost it's charm for me several months ago. So many good people have left. I brought Phil and Kim into the fold (I hope they don't hold that against me...) But, particularly since the Trib quit, it's really gone to hell. It's all Amy/Abby and a few tired, old Obama threads. It's mostly just the "regs" telling each other how pretty they look and talking about making out. As deep as a summer puddle... The people who are left take it way too seriously as if it were all they have in life. Sad. It might be. There are other forums about, you should check them out. I'll keep an eye out for you and Roo. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Jay_Lee said...

The only thing that I personally hold against you is the fact that you bitch so much about people punking your name but you did it to others as well. Oh and no I don't troll, I'm logged in under the same name on topix from work, home, my phone and I use it here. So really If I say something I want you to know it's me.

ex-ferrer said...

Thank you, Jay Lee. I'm not being flippant when I say if trolling of names were the only problem, there would barely be a problem. Most of mine were VERY obvious and only for effect. Ultimately, we have to understand that our screen persona's are not "us"- who we really are- but, just how we present ourselves on the threads. Having said that, I do believe that you are as thoughtfull and sweet IRL as you seem to be on Topix. You don't take this shit as seriously as some do and that, is a very good thing.

Watch this space for New Orlean's stories. I lived there for two years in my twenties. Damn good times!